• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

a friend of mine confronted me with this :

Adam : a perfect man - with a free-will - disobeyed God, was punished with
    death, no appeal, no attenuating circumstances and the sentence
    was immediate with the ending result in death = annihilation =
    back to the dust where he came from.

Satan : An angel (cherub) a perfect spiritual creature - with a free will - existing in the spirit realm for an unspecified time - disobeyed/rebelled - against God. Sentence to future annihilation, but not immediate, remains in the spirit realm for thousands and thousands of years....succeeds in having many angels (a third of the heaven ) to follow him, he is allowed for thousands and thousands of years to plague with his fellow demons the poor humans here on earth. Then, always with his fellows demons is thrown out of the heavenly realm to found himself in the vicinity of the earth ...and all together are able to intensify his attacks. At Armageddon all together will be restrained for a thousand years . Then ... Satan and his demons again
    will be free to attack, corrupt, mislead the nations on the earth, nations that by the end of the thousand year reign of Christ will have reached perfection. Another battle and this time Satan the demons and all his followers on the earth will be destroyed, annihilated forever.

Question : In view of the above was Adam unfairly treated in comparison to the angel/angels later called Satan/ demons ?

I'll appreciate any help with comments from you as a base for discussion, because at the moment I'm still pondering over the dilemma/view/opinion.

Greetings,

J.C. MacHislopp

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Yeah. I too brushed on this subject in a post not long ago, following a comment from someone who had similar thoughts: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/161360/2975302/post.ashx#2975302

But Adam after all lived to be over 900 years old. So in that sense, we are the ones who got the 'rawest deal', since all we did was to be born into this mess already created before us.

Other than that, I don't have an elaboration.

Wait, that's not entirely true; I remember I was able to stump a few Witnesses when I said that "We believe that Satan is the ruler of this world and is giving us hardships and making things difficult, together with his demons. At the same time, we believe that mankind was given a long period of time in order to prove if we could govern ourselves or not. But - with Satan and his demons always being there and negatively influencing matters, how can it be said that mankind really got the chance to show that they could govern themselves? Wouldn't mankind be able to say: 'If we were given a chance without all the hardship caused by Satan and his demons, we could have done it' ?".

-Mind you, I talk about this the same way I would talk about Greek or Norse mythology.

Or Harry Potter.

[edited] Sorry I went a little off-topic there for a minute. Allergy meds make.. brain.. work.. not good. [/edited]

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If nothing else, the punishment does not fit the crime. Punishing Adam with death for eating a piece of fruit is one thing. Allowing his descendents, who have never been permitted any input on the matter, to suffer for thousands of years is quite another.

Can you imagine trying to explain to the victims of the holocaust that their sufferings were taking place because Adam stole some fruit?

W

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

If you go by biblical mythology, then yes, it was very unfair that because of 2 people under the influence of a much more powerful being, the entire race of humans were cursed.

Or........

It is all a big fairy tale made up by primitive people to explain life.

Which is more logical?

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    'If we were given a chance without all the hardship caused by Satan and his demons, we could have done it' ?".

I asked this question as well. I was told that this challenge could be proved out after Satan is totally destroyed.

Then it was commented on that even if you made it though Armageddon, the thousand year rein, then the short time of test after the thousand years, you would still die if you disobeyed god. And it would be that time period when these further questions would be answered.

Honestly…….. what bull sh*t…….

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

(sorry MacHislopp; this goes a little off-topic - my fault)

Then it was commented on that even if you made it though Armageddon, the thousand year rein, then the short time of test after the thousand years, you would still die if you disobeyed god. And it would be that time period when these further questions would be answered.

Well, the thousand year reign is supposed to be Jesus' Kingdom, isn't it? When He and the 144.000 rule the earth? So that whole period is out for this purpose. Secondly, if I remember my Revelation Climax book correctly, Jesus then gives it over to Jehovah, who rules from then on. Any period in between would have to be tiny compared to the - allegedly - ~6000 years we've had "under Satan".

/off topic

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Yes, it is an excellent subject.Here a four pages of discussion on the this topic that may help ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/158732/1.ashx

• restrangled
    restrangled

Machislopp,

Thanks for starting this topic and I hope more reply. I have often wondered the same thing myself.

To add to this, not only was Adam seemingly unfairly treated compared to the angels, but all offspring were too. Eventually his children were condemned to a loss of 90 percent of their life span, (as compared to his approx. 900 plus years), and subjected to disease. In addition women were given the sentence of painful childbirth.

The angels were allowed to come down to the earth to use and abuse the human race physically before the flood.

When humans were apparently getting quite good at accomplishing things, God took away their communication at the tower of Babel.

Since Men were made "just a little lower than the angels", it seems to me they have paid a much higher price. It wasn't like Adam conjured up the big idea to disobey God. He seemed pretty innocent to me. He had probably been alone for years, was given this new stunningly beautiful woman, and like any newly married man, did not want to dissapoint her.

God let his son be sacraficed in human form to redeem the human race. Why has it dragged on for another couple of thousand years? Once a debt has been paid, it is taken off the books.

Satan must have been one special angel to get all this time and preferential treatment in my opinion.

r

• navytownroger
    navytownroger

The way I see it, the entire Adam & Eve story is just made-up nonsense. The was no Adam or Eve, nor was there a Satan, a 'snake' or an angry Jehovah. Why in the world people still buy into this silly stuff is a mystery to me. If JWs want to believe it's true, fine. But I really don't believe ANY of it.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Worst of all, after 6,000 years of suffering to settle the issue, when Jehovah looks at the scorecard he will see he's been thoroughly trounced by a ratio of about 1,000 to 1. Will he graciously admit defeat and allow humans to get on with their lives without his maniacal interference? Not a bit of it. He will destroy the 99.9% of people who have chosen another path, and then declare himself the winner. After that, he will instantly kill anyone who even thinks a rebellious thought.

The above should come with a South Park-esque disclaimer: "This is what Jehovah's Witnesses actually believe"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit