Aug 2008 KM

by ernie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ernie
    ernie

Don't know if already posted , but August 2008 Kingdom Ministry gives details on 2008/9 assemblies. It also confirms that the COs will be in place for at least the next service year as it refers to them taking assembly parts on both the spec day & the assembly.

Special Day theme is "Keep Watching the Ministry - That you Fulfill it" (Col 4:17) Lots of fs related parts - symposiums on how young & old find fulfillment in the ministry etc , interviews with youths , kids & old folks.

CA theme is "Keep Conquering the Evil with Good." Includes a symposium on "Stand firm against the Devil's Crafty Acts" - "help us identify & reject sly machinations of the Devil in the fields of technology , entertainment & eduction."

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Hi ernie,
    Welcome!
    Thanks for the info. I'm a bit confused over the CO thing. Are they doing away with them or not?
    I've been off the site for a while, so I've missed a load of news. I'll try and catch up.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Special Day theme is "Keep Watching the Ministry - That you Fulfill it" (Col 4:17)

In other words, make SURE you finish the REJECT Jesus Party Invite Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign this time!

For those who would like the scripture in its entirity and out of the King James version, here it is:

And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it. -Col 4:17

Includes a symposium on "Stand firm against the Devil's Crafty Acts"

This tells against things like entertainment. You can bet they are going to tell people that most music, movies, and reading material are bad and works of the Devil. They are also going to tear apart the Internet, telling us that it is dangerous and that people should not research anything beyond the Washtowel's own site or the CD-ROMs from the washtowel. And education--no need to get a job that pays enough to make ends meet.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    "Stand firm against the Devil's Crafty Acts" - "help us identify & reject sly machinations of the Devil in the fields of technology , entertainment & eduction."

I thought this almost same talk was given last year or the year before on another assembly. What? Haven't we learned the lesson yet?

• JK666
    JK666

Ernie,

Thank you for the information.

Welcome to JWD!

JK

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It also confirms that the COs will be in place for at least the next service year as it refers to them taking assembly parts on both the spec day & the assembly.
    I'm a bit confused over the CO thing. Are they doing away with them or not?

I think it is still an unsubstantiated rumor.

It is possible that...

It was an idea that was kicked around and not actually chosen as a solution.
    It is a fake idea started by WTS to see what we say.
    It is a crazy rumor run wild by JWD.
    It will be a surprise to the C.O.'s and they scheduled everything like normal to fool them.

• sir82
    sir82
    Thanks for the info. I'm a bit confused over the CO thing. Are they doing away with them or not?

As noted, so far it is just a rumor. But it seems to be persistent and from multiple sources, which lends it credibility.

If they do go ahead with this, I suspect it will take another 2-3 years.

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Big brother can act fast if he wants to even if it means making someone homeless.

S8

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Yep, don't forget the pubs released at the recent assembly did not reflect the generation changes from what I have heard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit