Congregation Get-Togethers: In or Out?

by TreadClimberMaster 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

We had gatherings and I hated them. Then came the 1980s and the criticism for some musical hosts of a gathering to quit showing off and stop dreaming of a famous music career. (Asswipe co)

Then the not too small a gathering because you will have sex. And no large gatherings because you will have sex....Such BS!!!

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

im just telling the truth, give it up man, you are constantly trolling me.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

if the shoe fits

• skin
    skin

I remember about 8 years the WT discouraged these, Before that we had a lot of these congregation get togethers, then nothing after that, it was something about the way to pay for the hire of venues not being acceptable. Anyone have any more details? Thanks

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

In the early to mid 80s, people in my congregation had a costume skating party. just about everybody went. People from neighboring Kingdom Halls accused them of imitating Halloween parties. I was too young to remember what became of the big brouhaha, but it was the one and only costume party we ever had.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

They did away with large gatherings years ago while I was still active in the religion. It was sad, but what can you do?

I know this is a moot point since I am “out” many years, but now I would be leery of any get-together of JWs. It might just be an occasion to put people on the spot and ask for money for whoever or whatever...They figure they’ll get everybody in one room and they only need to say it once - instead of asking people privately. I think this is what it’s come to in the Witness religion👎🏻.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit