When Disfellowshipping extends outside the KH; shunning that never ends

by Layla33 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33
    First of all your mother shouldn't of asked you to lie for her, you parents should have known better it says in the bible that liers will not inherit gods kingdom so you were just doing what was right. For your step father to do that to you was not on.......For your family not to talk to you that must of been really hard for you, sometimrs people do things that don't make any sense but at the end of the day that is there problem and not yours.

Actually, the only people that actually followed that was my step-father and mother. And even then it wasn't 100%. I think the only part that was strictly enforced is when I was home I was made to eat alone and I couldn't watch television or play with my brothers with their knowledge. Of course, this created a huge deception on the part of my brothers who would "sneak" into my room and we would talk for hours - honestly, with them nothing changed.

However, it doesn't negate the wrongness of what they did or tried to do, it was unspeakably cruel.

Looking back on it now, I feel nothing but pity for my step father and mother. If there was ever a time that I learned of KARMA it was through these acts because I have watched them suffer in more ways than I could ever write here and I witnessed their suffering up close and personal. The mistreatment of others always comes back. Always.

• blondie
    blondie

w997/15p.30QuestionsFromReaders***

Paul was not addressing a situation in which a Christian personally chooses to limit association with another whose ways or attitudes are not good—for example, one who seems excessively focused on recreation or on material things. Or a parent may limit his child’s association with youngsters who disregard parental authority, play in a rough or dangerous way, or do not take Christianity seriously. Such are simply personal decisions in line with what we read at Proverbs 13:20: "He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly."—Compare 1 Corinthians 15:33.

As wednesday said, jws do personal "shunning" and with WTS approval.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit