Well, it finally happened...

by truth.ceeker 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

... I was stuck sitting next to a witness on the plane. I knew it was only a matter of time before it happens as I am on a flight every week for work.

Well, where do I start. First of all, he was very concerned about anyone seeing his laptop while he pecked away at the keyboard with some message to an instant messenger friend. He had all the magazines out and was talking on the phone about bible readings and public talk. I had so many thoughts on how to handle this but decided not to have any fun.

It was interesting to see him exert his 'police' tactics to remind passengers not to use the first class cabin to store their luggage if they were not sitting in first class. I know this may be a stickler for some, but the way he went about it with such audacity in his demeanor in thinking he had some sort of authority over people was sad? funny? distressing? (insert adjective here)?

One gentleman he said rather loudly, "Are you sitting in First Class?" The gentleman pretended not to hear him, the elder spoke up again and with a louder voice. The other passenger said, "Yes!, this is my seat right here!" Then the elder said, "Sorry, there has been a run on the luggage compartment in first class."

I guess the authority complex extends beyond the kingdom hall.

..truth.ceeker..

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Reminds me of what happened recently at a place I worked at.

I saw the cargroup coming in, and told the cook I could not wait on those people. The elder knew me and I was not wanting any confrontation.

He came in and wanted to order some meat and wanted samples first, for him and the rest of the party (total 4 ) to try. No one has ever requested this before but thats ok.

But he was cocky and walked behind the counter where the cash register is......something only stray kids have done. I was shocked.

The cook/manager said, You are going to have to get behind the counter sir..............The elder had to be told twice.

He really just walked in like he owned the place.

purps

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ugh...such poor manners.

Deluded sense of entitlement along with authority issues result in ugly behavior.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You'd think those elders could wait for Hojovah to destroy the 6 billion people before they take over everything. Must be impatient.

• VM44
    VM44

Aren't there some protective "screens" available that keep people sitting on either side of you from seeing what is on your notebook's display?

• Layla33
    Layla33

I'm embarrassed for him.

• donny
    donny

You'd think those elders could wait for Hojovah to destroy the 6 billion people before they take over everything. Must be impatient.

Yeah if I remember correctly, aren't JW's supposed to get about two acres each once they are in the new order?

• wednesday
    wednesday
    about two acres each once they are in the new order?

2 acres and a mule.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit