The 'A' Word

by tresdecu 10 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Because of cognative dissonance, and years of fearing the word Apostate, I am actually still afraid to think about it too much. What brings me some comfort, is the fact that there are aprox. 7 mil witnesses, and out of that number, at least half if not more are "apostates" (my personal guess anyway). I remember reading a portion of C.of C. and there was a letter sent out to COs and DOs that said basically: even if you had private doubts that you were harboring or you disagreed with anything the WTS officially taught (even privately), then you were apostasizing! ....Amazing!

So the WTS is full of Apostates, they just don't know it! Even a GB member, when he raises his hand during the wed meeting to suggest a new understanding, for that moment he is an apostate...because until it reaches a 2/3 majority vote it is not yet 'new light', and he is disagreeing with current understanding. Quite comical, the whole thing.

• james_woods
    james_woods

You are quite right - but, when I first clicked up this thread, somehow I was expecting something on Armageddon!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Pretty ironic, huh.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

The word apostate is used pejoratively to make the individual a target for scorn and hatred.

I always have hated how the WTBTS uses words to isolate and villianize people; "worldly" "apostate" "weak" etc.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Whether or not I'm technically an apostate, I have fun calling myself that. It takes the power away from the way the WTS uses that word.

We have "apostafests" where a bunch of ex-JW's meet and have a good time, and drink a soda pop or two.

I'm happy that such a backward and malicious group of pseudo-religious leaders would call me "apostate", I wouldn't want to be their friend.

• sacolton
    sacolton
    I always have hated how the WTBTS uses words to isolate and villianize people; "worldly" "apostate" "weak" etc.

Throw it back in their face ... CULT! FALSE PROPHET! FALSE RELIGION!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Ass-nipples? Oh you call them elders

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration
    Even a GB member, when he raises his hand during the wed meeting to suggest a new understanding, for that moment he is an apostate...

Great point and it really pisses me off too that the GB are allowed to totally disagree with each other but publishers are vilified for having their own thoughts and opinions.

So obviously stupid!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

After realizing that I would be better off out of that organization whether it was the truth or not, whether it was the truth or not lost all its significance. Hence, it made more sense to do apostasy than to remain within. That way, I would lose (I hope) the "privilege" of living forever amidst nothing but just men, and having the loss of all the opposite sex forever on my conscience. And having to praise the Almighty Scumbag Tyrant Jehovah for it anyways.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

BTT

an old post of mine...

"I remember reading a portion of C.of C. and there was a letter sent out to COs and DOs that said basically: even if you had private doubts that you were harboring or you disagreed with anything the WTS officially taught (even privately), then you were apostasizing! ....Amazing!"

does anyone know where I can get a link to a scan of above letter (sent out back in the 80s I think)

Thanks

TD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit