Hi to everyone!

by arkaev 10 Replies latest jw friends

• arkaev
    arkaev

Is it right place to introduce myself? My name is Max. I’m in my early 20s. I’m working in mass media, going with unfinished higher education. I’m from European part of Russia. I’m still JW but already not in mainstream. I was baptized approx. 10 years ago, was regular pioneer for several years, conducted a bookstudy and had a plenty other responsibilities. Generally, I was active in organization as much as I can. I was seeing my future in JW community, growing up “spiritually” - becoming MS, elder, overseer and so on. Then, when growing up, I’ve started to see strange things in organization like double standards, inadequate responsive men and so on. My best friend become career-minded (I mean growth in Org). Sometimes at personals studies I was noticing some strange mixes of teachings, f ex pagan. Slave was agreeing with marriage rings but disagree with toasts. It was the beginning. Several months I was studying some of main JW teachings and found that they are builds-on Bible, but not based on it. Some weeks ago I have read Franz’ CC and now reading “Searching Christian freedom”. Last CO visit I had talk with elders and said about some of my beliefs. I did it only because of my closest friends who I share my doubts with. They said that i have to go to elders nor they will do that. It was real shock for me; they were talking to me like thief or person who had wrong sexual relations. Now I’m moving to another big city, I will have new job, new circle of friends and have no congregation, erm, I mean I have decided I wont visit it or take part in field ministry. Now I have to rebuild my religious content, part of my life. Anyway what I truly know is I want stay in Christ’ love and mind and continue to worship to Jehovah God. I hope I have found right place for help to it. Guys, feel free to ask me here or by IM, just ask. Thank you all for reading. One Q. what topics I have to read first, what are the main threads and forums?

• Blasty
    Blasty

Welcome to the boards, I go there yesterday myself. The active topics link at the top is very handy.

Sounds like your starting to reason things out for yourself, and that's the most important first step to getting where you want to be.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Welcome, fellow comrade! Glad to have you here!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to JWD!

You will find many who share your same thoughts here and some that don't.

Browse around.

Quirky

• yknot
    yknot

alt Max, JWD is a mixed bag of beliefs. I myself remain a Christian. I like your plan of action! I can't wait to see some of you views on our topics!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome to the board!

There are so many different beliefs here. I happen to follow a pagan path. Others are Christian and others are athiest.

There are more that I can't think of. Oh yes, and some are still JW's.

Although we differ in religious/philosophical affiliation now (or lack thereof), we all share similar stories of our lives in the WTS.

So glad to be OUT!

Have fun here!

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Hello and welcome

Keep reading what you are reading.

It's NOT necessary to be part of any organization
    if you choose not to.

Christianity, to me, is about the individual
    and their responsibility.

Not group speak, not burdensome religious laws,
    not a governing body. Your Responsibility.

Think and learn.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum, arkaev! I really enjoyed your first post. You have come to the very best forum for discussing issues about Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society.

You might enjoy reading our "BEST OF" forum here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/3.ashx

• ataloa
    ataloa

Welcome, arkaev.

I know what you mean about being shocked to find out there is no such thing as true friendship in that organization. Sincere truthseekers are eventually forced out.

It seems you have your head together though. There are tons of information here to sort through; I'd tell you to use the search feature, but I've not had too much success at that; I probably just don't know how to use it properly. You'll find your way. Glad to have you here.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome to JWD.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit