1977 Our Incoming World Government-God's Kingdom--PDF!

by Atlantis 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1977 Our Incoming World Government--God's Kingdom--PDF! Bookmarked Searchable Reduced from 58-MB to 26-MB What does the front cover of this book look like? Click here: http://imgurl.filetac.com/img/60514290.jpg Credit goes to jwfacts) In 1977, the start of the 1260 days was changed to Dec 28th 1914, ending June 21st 1918. This was the period from when the Bible Students expected to be persecuted until Rutherford's release from imprisonment.

Our Incoming World Government - God's Kingdom pp.128-129
                    "The "finishing of the dashing of the power of the holy people to pieces" evidently occurred on June 21, 1918.On that day the American federal court sentenced the president and the secretary-treasurer of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society and five of their headquarters associates to long prison terms,amounting to a total of 140 years. … Well, June 21, 1918, fell, according to the Biblical lunar calendar, on Tammuz 11, 1918. Three lunar years back from that, or Tammuz 11, 1915, fell on June 23, 1915. Then the half of a lunar year, or six lunar months, back from that would be Tebeth 11, 1914, which coincided with December 28, 1914. … That date, December 28, 1914, was very appropriate. During the year from early in January the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society had been showing the famous Photo-Drama of Creation."
                                  Scroll down here: http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/revelation.htm http://www.sendspace.com/file/lv2vjn Tweety picture no.0053 Cheers! Atlantis!-
                                • Finally-Free
                                  Finally-Free

Thanks Atlantis!

"The "finishing of the dashing of the power of the holy people to pieces" evidently occurred on June 21, 1918.On that day the American federal court sentenced the president and the secretary-treasurer of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society and five of their headquarters associates to long prison terms,amounting to a total of 140 years.

It couldn't have been much of an organization if it could be "dashed to pieces" simply by incarcerating a handfull of people.

This was one of the JW beliefs I had a problem with from the beginning of my association with them. Their interpretation of this makes no sense at all. I could say my bird's droppings occur 3 1/2 times every 1260 seconds, thus making him the FDS. It makes about as much sense.

I should have listened to my gut on this one.

W

• VM44
                                  VM44

Thank you Atlantis for uploading this book.

Well, June 21, 1918, fell, according to the Biblical lunar calendar, on Tammuz 11, 1918. Three lunar years back from that, or Tammuz 11, 1915, fell on June 23, 1915. Then the half of a lunar year, or six lunar months, back from that would be Tebeth 11, 1914, which coincided with December 28, 1914.

I get different dates from those the book calculates

A lunar year is 360 days in length. Using a perpetual calendar, I counted backward from June 21, 1918 the number of days corresponding to 3 lunar years (1080 days) and obtained the date July 7/8, 1915, not June 23, 1915!!!

Counting back half a lunar year (180 days) from that date gives January 7/8, 1915, not December 28, 1914.

Obviously the writer of the World Government book did not count days when they came up with those dates.

• yknot
                                  yknot

alt.....!!!!

• Atlantis
                                  Atlantis

Finally-Free:

VM44:

Yknot:

You are very welcome my friends!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• still_in74
                                  still_in74
                                  I could say my bird's droppings occur 3 1/2 times every 1260 seconds, thus making him the FDS

That is sooo funny! I had a great gif of a smiley spitting his coffee all over his comp laughing but I couldnt get it to attach. If someone tells me how I will add it to truly express how I felt about the awesome post!

• still_in74
                                  still_in74

thanks again Atlantis for another great PDF !

Good additional work with the perpetual calendar VM44 -

Is this still the current view of the 1260 days? What a crock of horse shit.....

• Atlantis
                                  Atlantis

Still_in74: Yes, the Watchtower Society will put a "spiritual-significance" to anything! If a Watchtower President were to "pass-gas," they would find some way to place a spiritual meaning to this also. Example: What might the number 710 mean to the Watchtower Society? Answer! (Watchtower-1994-April-15-p.23) "What a delight to behold! Lifting into the Alaskan skies, a shiny, like-new aircraft with the registration number 710WT emblazoned on the tail! Since both seven and ten are used in the Bible to symbolize completeness, 710 might be taken to emphasize the support Jehovah’s organization has given to lift the veil from hearts enshrouded in darkness." Thank you Still_in74! Cheers! Atlantis!-

• steve2
                                  steve2

Even whilst an actively obedient Witness, I always had a sinking-feeling when reading these sorts of grandiose interpretative passages in the Watchtower. I would think, "Surely other brothers and sisters also wonder what the scriptural basis is for these detailed modern-day fulfilments?" but alas, if others were thinking what I was thinking, they certainly were not airing their misgivings.

• Atlantis
                                  Atlantis

Steve2:

Yes Steve, I think all of us had "red-lights" going off in the back of our minds concerning a lot of things we heard when we were in the organization. I felt many times that the "governing body" were just making some of these things up. They expected us to swallow anything they said.

Thanks Steve!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

Share this

Google+
                                Pinterest
                                Reddit