Who wrote this stuff?

by Cygnus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I don't feel like I am a mindless robot and I resent the implication.

Most JWs try their sincere best when it comes to practising godly devotion, but isn't the 1000 yr. reign supposed to unroot all our bad tendencies?

Here in New York and across the USA racial tensions between 'blacks and whites' are very strong. For some of that to spill into our brotherhood is natural. You may roll your eyes at that statement, but I personally find joy in the fact that we can overcome such problems!

Or will you now tell me you don't believe in satanic influence.

My faith in Jehovah and JWs remains.

I love 'the truth.'

I have found it interesting to research some of the claims made [by] using the Publisher's book. More often than not the explanation given in Pub's satisfies me.

The full number to complete 144,000 may well have been close to 100,000 between the 1870's and 1935. The numbers make perfect sense to me.

When matters are corrected, THAT is the holy spirit's operation. When matters of doctrinal change are made, and it is the truth, then that is the operation of holy spirit.

Although the Society may be wrong about 607 BCE, that still does not necessarily make 1914 wrong. 2520 years may all be hogwash, but world events and Jesus' sign prophecy may enough to keep the doctrine afloat for some (I personally know of some who feel this way). We teach 1914 because the Society directs us to. Why? Because they are still right in so many other outstanding ways.

Get your priorities straight, brothers.

And most of all, Jehovah is pleased.

It is important to submit time spent in the ministry for congregation records. Field service time is one way to measure a person's 'sprituality', certainly not the only way of course.

Our local CO brought out that Jehovah is offering us life eternal. Is it that difficult to spend 2 1/2 hrs. a week, a half a morning a week, in his service when he offers us so much?

It seems to me the Watchtower Society through its publications has taught us best who Christ really was, as a man and is, as a glorious King.

Sometimes we are forced to find answers for ourselves. That doesn't mean giving in to apostate or anti-JW propaganda...

-------------------------------------------------------

Any guesses?

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

hmmm??? well it wasn't me the spellings to good

ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• COMF
    COMF

Sounds like vintage BITT to me, right?

COMF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Cygnus,

Although the Society may be wrong about 607 BCE, that still does not necessarily make 1914 wrong. 2520 years may all be hogwash, but world events and Jesus' sign prophecy may enough to keep the doctrine afloat for some (I personally know of some who feel this way). We teach 1914 because the Society directs us to. Why? Because they are still right in so many other outstanding ways.

I have heard these sentiments spoken by one of the GB themselves almost to a point. I am not of course suggesting that he wrote this note, but that it relects the growing mindset at senior level.

What seems to be clear is that the 607-1914 chronology is being overhauled and the focus is being placed on visible evidence rather than chronological.

Best regards -- HS

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

Any guesses?

Maybe it was you, 5 years ago?

JJ

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Yeah, kinda sounds like good ol vintage Born In The Truth to me!

Good to see y'all again!

"When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers... we are ripping the foundations of justice from beneath future generations."

formerly "Theocracy Rules Again"

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

It is important to submit time spent in the ministry for congregation records. Field service time is one way to measure a person's 'sprituality', certainly not the only way of course.

And HERE IS AGAIN another example of Pharisaically and quantitatively measuring the flock's spirituality when in actual fact one's life course involves 24/7 practicing one's values! Poppycock to field service hours.

When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers ... we are ripping the foundations of justice from beneath future generations.

formerly "Theocracy Rules Again"

• COMF
    COMF

Cyggie is holding the answer out on us until he gets more guesses. Come on, folks, ante up.

COMF

• COMF
    COMF

Well I, for one, want Cyg to give the answer. It's old BITT stuff, isn't it.

COMF

• Flip
    Flip

That's my guess, 'Born In The Truth' pre-H20. My second guess, after changing some of the terminology, would be an Amway apologist during the 80's.

Flip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit