Are you a "marginal" person?/ "A Desk for Billie"

by compound complex 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My telephone conversation with Dr. Davis this afternoon has inspired me to do all that I can on her behalf.
    Has something happened to her? I think I may have missed something. Is she okay?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear FHN,

Thank you for your concern. As a fellow teacher, I want to do all I possibly can on behalf of Dr. Davis' efforts to assist children. I would like to acquaint individuals in my community with her work. We have similar goals.

She is doing very well!

Your thoughts are appreciated.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello,

My niece interviewed me today to find out what school was like in the “old days” ( I am only 60!!). Anyway, as I was thinking back, I remember that when I was in third grade in Wadsworth, Ohio, the entire school was marched to the auditorium to watch “A Desk for Billie.” That was the start of my desire to help little kids. Eventually, I taught school on the Navajo Reservation and Isleta Pueblo in New Mexico. Later I was a librarian in Los Alamos, New Mexico. I was going through all the files when I started the job and a previous librarian had saved the Saturday Evening Post article about you! I was so happy, because, although I had remembered the words “A Desk for Billie” I really didn’t know who you were or anything else.

I just want to thank you so much for your character and wisdom and for how your life affected mine.

S.

• compound complex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit