Convention Badges made by Apostate Printing, Inc

by donny 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• donny
    donny

One of the guys who works for me has a wife who is a JW, but he is not. His son-in-law also used to work for me until he got his license to sell real estate. He serves as a minsterial servant in his congregation. Somehow, his congregation lost their alloted convention badges, so he told his father-in-law to ask me if I could print them some replacements. He gave me a sample which is a white card stock with "Guided by God's Spirit" in greenish blue lettering. Since he was a good worker for me I went ahead and printed him up 250 cards on some really nice stock. Just for meaness though, I put a two scripture references on the back.

John 8:44 - Y OU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie].

1 John 2:19 - They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But [they went out] that it might be shown up that not all are of our sort.

My employee just called me and told me that his son-in-law just returned from the convention and really appreciated the cards. He said some members of other congregations at the convention were a bit miffed that theirs did not have these verse citations. LOL

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Now thats definitely a thumbs up....lol

h4o

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

You are sooo Dangerous...!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so funny!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good restraint in not putting some naughty OT scriptures on those cards....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Too funny, they didn't get it.

S

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    Too funny, they didn't get it.

It is funny but I'm not surprised they didn't get it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if Ephesians 2:8 and 9 would have made a dent in the preaching. Or, perhaps if they run out of wastes of paper for this upcoming Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign (or "lose" them), new ones are put out with that scripture prominently on them.

• donny
    donny

Not long after I arrived at work this morning, my employee also told me that his son-in-law said that some of the folks in his congregation traded their badges to ones from other congregations. It seems that some of the "miffed" folks mentioned in the original post wanted these special edition cards with the scripture references on the back and one even stated "This will be a collectors item." Ha ha

• calico
    calico
    "This will be a collectors item." Ha ha

What are they gonna do--sell it on ebay?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit