Pioneers will be down 10% next year...

by cognac 18 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ooh, that's a high estimate. I'd say more like between 5-7%, though knowing them, they'll fudge the numbers, or perhaps lower the hour requirements....

• Highlander
    Highlander

The j-dubs in my neighborhood save gas money by standing in front of the kingdumb hall and holding up their precious watchtowers. I've also seen them doing this at the bus stop. It's very fuel efficient and they still get in their hours. One of these days I'll take a pic of them in action.

It's really quite pathetic compared to the j-dubs of yesteryear that preached from a car with a loudspeaker or wore a sandwhich billboard in front of the opposing churches.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think you are wrong. In the UK pioneers have been steadily increasing the past few years. Recent KMs show the trend continuing.

Why that is I can't imagine, but there you have it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope that number is even greater. Zero publishers and zero pioneers would suit me just fine.

However, something tells me that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is going to crack down on that. Regardless of gas prices, they are going to tell the flock that anyone that does not pioneer is not going to make it into the new Dark Ages, and that pioneering despite the highest gas prices is a slap in poor Satan's face.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Several times, while living in California, I would see a table set up at an outdoors mall with all of the literature sitting there. Usually, two sisters would be sitting there. I never saw them approach anyone, they just sat there in case someone wanted to "get saved". I thought that was a pretty easy way to get your time in.

• oompa
    oompa

I doubt it.......new young ones have to sign up and "do their time"........and in many countries where the growth is they walk or ride bikes or donkeys........but I think I heard the USA gets a five hours allowance for each time you fill up your tank......lol.........oompa

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

I pioneer for nearly 2 years. I was 18. I did 80 hours a month to get ahead with my hours in case of illness.

I workd at a crappy dead end job to support myself, working lates. getting up early, for the ministry. Knocking on endless doors. Every day was a nightmare, i was so shy. People endless putting you down when all you want to do is help them. "brothers" endlessly putting you down because you dont look happy.

From my pioneer school I think of at least 5-6 people who left months later.

Others went to onto thrive. Others troll on.

In my life ive seen more leave than join. Those who are join seem to be the weak & desparate.

wouldnt shock me if they cut the hours....as most people i know no way reach the commitment.

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

I pioneer for nearly 2 years. I was 18. I did 80 hours a month to get ahead with my hours in case of illness.

I workd at a crappy dead end job to support myself, working lates. getting up early, for the ministry. Knocking on endless doors. Every day was a nightmare, i was so shy. People endless putting you down when all you want to do is help them. "brothers" endlessly putting you down because you dont look happy.

From my pioneer school I think of at least 5-6 people who left months later.

Others went to onto thrive. Others troll on.

In my life ive seen more leave than join. Those who are join seem to be the weak & desparate.

wouldnt shock me if they cut the hours....as most people i know no way reach the commitment.

• arkaev
    arkaev

is that new "goal" of Society - to grow pioneers to 700 thousands?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit