Assembly news

by lancelink 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As usual, they heap praise on more crap. It is not going to be a GREAT program. In fact, all it is is more admonition to be guided by a spirit that wants to exploit you.

Day 1--Intro, people guided by spirit in ancient times, and the keynote address with the "holy" spirit outworking God's nefarious purposes. The afternoon is about young people, likely more crap about sex and not masturbating. The release is the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work Part 2 book.

Day 2--This is about the spirit and field circus. Speaking with boldness (foolhardiness) and despite being tired or persecuted is highlighted. You have heard it before at every Grand Boasting Session. The Keep Yourselves In God's Tyranny book, another rule book, is released here.

Day 3--Fruitages of the "holy" spirit (more stagnation). Boasting about how Jehovah's Witlesses are joyful and productive (lies). Not leaving the delusion you had at first. There is the public talk and washtowel summary. And there is the never-ending conclusion.

I got this just from the outline that was posted here. If you miss it, you are not missing anything of value. For starters, if you learn the core of morality (I have repeatedly posted it, and will remind anyone that it is "Any volitional act that is good for self or society is moral, while any volitional act that is bad for self or society is immoral"), you do not need the spirit to guide you. Either an act is bad or good, and a thinking person should easily discern which without a washtowel or asleep.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Funny, I didn't feel like I missed much at all. Even if there was a big announcement, where would it rank in your life?

I know for me, it would be somewhere on down the list of what kind of garbage bags I prefer. Actually probably lower...

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Yes the big announcement is the switch from 2 ply to single ply TP at bethell

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    There is supposedly a "BIG" announcement that they were unable to share with my lunch buddies, and
    we were all really curious as to what this could be?

My guess is that your friends are lying to you in hope of enticing you to attend another boring assembly with them. Misery loves company, you know.

In their Dubtard minds, they may envision this: you attend the assembly and eventually realize that there is no BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, but are so spiritually uplifted by your association with Borg Drones that you thank them for lying to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit