Oh Boy!!

by Quester55 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quester55
    Quester55

EXACTLY!!!!

YOU ALL ARE DEAD ON THE MARK!

God's word is joyful, a message of hope, of comfort. JW's are too legalistic. There is never enough that one can do. I went to the bookstore today and bought some uplifting books on dealing with singleness, divorce and trusting God. I cried, prayed, fell asleep and now surprisingly feel much better about a lot of things. Unfortunately, I have to play the game. I am going to look into subsidized housing. I don't have any children, but I'm thinking about maybe running a discreet add for a room mate. ( One with some sense) and perhaps we can share the expenses and I can get out of here. On the other hand, I will probably just stay til I get my degree and then move out and move on.

Thanks for your support. I never realized all those years ago when I first started studying with the JW's how negative an impact they would be on my life. They make everything normal seem to be a burden. They make life a joyless, burdensome, regimented trial. I read the Bible and Jehovah is refered to as the 'HAPPY GOD', he doesn't want us to be weighed down with endless rules and regulations. I go out with my co workers because we have more in common than the 'sisters', whos only topic of conversation is how many hours spent in field service, what Brother Knows-it-all said, and what sister is 'falling off the wagon' ( of which I'm sure I'm the main topic!)

I'm not doing anything immoral, just bascially having fun. But it seems like fun, education,exercise, etc... is 'wicked, evil, bad' in JW world.

Oh well, thanks for letting me vent. I actually feel better.

Later,

Q

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

wow that big font hurt my little eyes.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think you've found quite a few answers in your second comment already, your moving in the right

direction making outside friends is very important. Focusing on school, well before you know it you'll be done

and outa town.

Gook Luck & Best Wishes

h4o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit