SCANNED ARTICLE ON BLOOD FRACTIONS 'WORKBOOK'

by Mary 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mary
    Mary

I'm not sure if this has ever been posted, but here's the uh "workbook" that all JWs are given regarding blood fractions. Of course, the hypocrisy shines through as when it asks "Are fractions also covered by the command to abstain from blood? We cannot say" and "Your decisions should be your own and should not be based on someone else's conscience. Likewise, no one should criticize another Christian's decisions."

If each person is allowed to 'make their own decisions' instead of basing it on "someone else's conscience", they why is accepting a blood transfusion itself a disfellowshipping offense? Are you not being forced to accept someone else's (the Governing Body) conscience?

BloodFractions.jpg picture by sam3217

BloodFractions2.jpg picture by sam3217

BloodFractions3.jpg picture by sam3217

BloodFractions4.jpg picture by sam3217

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

This is one of the strangest things I have ever seen in print, and I read a lot. It reminds me of Jesus' comment to the Pharisees:

"You blind guides, who strain out a gnat, and swallow a camel." -- Matthew 23:24.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Is it any wonder that most dubs will take one look at that lot and just decide to say 'no' to everything? Their reasoning ability has been chipped away by cult propaganda.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/125130/1.ashx

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer
    "Are fractions also covered by the command to abstain from blood? We cannot say."

How anyone can accept parts of blood (fractions) and say they have abstained from blood is beyond me. What would the WTS say about what I just said? Does anyone here know?

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Marking for reference. Thanks for posting this.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I love the facial expression of the first guy.

"Oh, what the f*** are they smoking on this blood nonsense???"

• Mary
    Mary
    How anyone can accept parts of blood (fractions) and say they have abstained from blood is beyond me. What would the WTS say about what I just said? Does anyone here know?

"Can we see you in the back room for a little chat brother?"

I give it another 3 - 5 years and they'll get another 'flash of light' saying that it's okay to accept plasma. They'll even probably site the reason as being "plasma is 93% water" and that the rest of it is made up from the fractions that Witnesses have been allowed to take.

It's called "meat in due season". In the meantime, apparently Jehovah would rather see people die from lack of blood rather than immediately reveal to the Faithless and Incontinent Slobber Class that it’s a-okay to accept it.

• studier
    studier

Do they state anywhere specifically that blood transfusions are a DA/DF'ing offense? If so where?

• blondie
    blondie

*** w61 5/1 pp. 284-285 Do You Remember? ***

May a person who takes a blood transfusion be disfellowshiped for it?Yes, if it is a deliberate act and there is no repenting over the wrong act and asking of forgiveness of God’s congregation. If it is a first offense and the transgressor sees his error, repents of it and begs forgiveness, he may be put on probation and given careful instruction from the Scriptures on the matter.—P. 64.

There is nothing in the WT publications when the WTS changed it to da'ing. It was a piece of paper that the CO read to each elder body. The elders were not allowed to make a copy or even read the letter themselves. (2000)

http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/breaking.shtml

Blondie

• studier
    studier

Thanks Blondie!! 'much appreciated!

edited to add: love your weekly study comments :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit