Why do many JWs neglect their health conditions?

by navytownroger 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• navytownroger
    navytownroger

My former Bible Study conductor has heart problems and very high blood pressure, but doesn't seem concerned about it. Another Witness I knew had heart problems but never went to doctors, & eventually dropped dead suddenly. Given that cigarette smoking is a disfellowshipping offense, why aren't JWs reprimanded when they otherwise neglect & jeopardize their health? Isn't that showing 'disrespect for Life'??

• JK666
    JK666

ntr,

Maybe they just want to die? JW life sucks big time.

JK

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

2 more reasons to go with JK's,

1) The Kingdumb is soooo close, you don't have to worry about your health. In just a couple of weeks, Big J will have you healed and good as new.

2) No health insurance. No money. All cash goes to the bOrg.

B the X

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

most witnesses dont neglect their health.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Why spend money on healthcare now, when it'll all be fixed in the New System?

• *summer*
    *summer*

I agree with Solace.

Most of the ones I know are actually health nuts...into organic food and all.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remembered that the old timers had a certain suspicion of modern medicine. They would dismiss alot of it. They would try odd things before getting too sick to ignore a doctor

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

"I remembered that the old timers had a certain suspicion of modern medicine. They would dismiss alot of it. They would try odd things before getting too sick to ignore a doctor "

so, in other words, like ALL old people?

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

"Why spend money on healthcare now, when it'll all be fixed in the New System?"

you realize most people in america for instance, do not have healthcare?

its not a witness thing.

your argument is totally false.

the witness belief is that while they are in this system of things, they need to work as hard as they can for the kingdom, making sure they have time for recreation and rest. In order to fulfill these things, they absolutely NEED good health. Barring things that appear to be "faith healing" or "spiritism" (which is mostly quack stuff anyway) -- they seek EVERY avenue possible to make their lives longer, and to be more active.

how many witnesses have you known up in there 80s still dancing at gatherings? I couldnt count them.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    2) No health insurance. No money. All cash goes to the bOrg.

I agree with B the X. This is what I would say about my extended family that are JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit