You never know what may stroke a persons curiosity

by donny 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• megawatt
    megawatt

^I know. I tend to think a perfect naked lady would resolve problems, well at least in my book... :p

• dark angle
    dark angle

Nice one Donny. thanks for sharing your experience.

Our circuit assembly just finished today. During our session i got an opportunity to talk to some of my friends and sure enough i was able to fire some “smart ass” questions and made them wondering too. Some of these were:

Me: I think there’s a problem about our god given free will.

Jerson: why?

Me: it seems it has no purpose, after all of us are demanded to do god’s will. And what happens if we don’t follow?

Jerson: eventually well die

Me: or be killed. So free will is useless.

Jerson: yep. Well, god wants us to follow him by love not through compulsion.

Me: if that’s what he wants, what about designing us to really follow him, program our genes, instincts, and emotion to follow him without question. It’ll be much more neat & orderly than the present arrangement and avoid billions of casualties. The success & failure ratio between free individuals following his will and not will be very low with free will.

Jerson: that’s what also came to my mind when I’m thinking alone.

Well My friend is an architect & engineer and sure enough he has some training about efficiency in designing things in his field.

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

This is the best Sunday morning Church EVER! Donny you rock! You are genius, you have just planted the seed!

I bet you he'll be putting on the invisible body armour on to shield himself from your apostate thoughts. Oh ya and I bet

he spends all weekend crying in the Elders arms! Sob,Sob,Sob....

• donny
    donny

Me: if that’s what he wants, what about designing us to really follow him, program our genes, instincts, and emotion to follow him without question. It’ll be much more neat & orderly than the present arrangement and avoid billions of casualties. The success & failure ratio between free individuals following his will and not will be very low with free will.

Jerson: that’s what also came to my mind when I’m thinking alone.

Isn't it odd what can make some JW's tink. For the past 5 years that he has been in my employ, I have thrown the 1874, 1914, 1918, 1925 and 1975 dates which got no reponse. The mistranslations in the NWT, ditto. Their doctrinal flip flops, nada. I was just being a wiseguy when I brought up the sword issue and it's the first time I have seen him perplexed. He actually had a worried look on his face. Of course if the elders refer him to the Questions from Readers quoted earlier in this thread, I am sure he will find the answer sufficient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit