Newbie here

by CAL69 26 Replies latest jw friends

• CAL69
    CAL69

Hello all. I'm new to this site and just thought I'd share a little bit about myself.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles, grew up as a JW and left the org when I was 22. I wasn't DF'd or DA'd, I just faded (very quickly). I left the org 10 years ago and never looked back....or so I thought. It wasn't until recently that I realized how much of a hold they still had on me. The thoughts of Armageddon coming and being killed off kept me up some nights. The guilt of leaving the org, hurting my parents and wondering if it really was the truth also bothered me. Not to mention the fact that I'm gay and the guilt I was feeling abouth that. Damn them....they're good!!

Anyway, I recently started educating myself on the real truth abouth the 'truth'. Let me tell you, talk about a weight being lifted! I'm so happy there are sites like these that are there for support, understanding and education. I only wish I would've found them sooner - or, I should say - I only wish I would've looked sooner. My next step is to come out to my parents, but that'll be a different post.

Take care. CAL.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Welcome, Cal. This is quote a group, as I'm sure you've already seen.

I cam out to my parents something like 15 years ago, and though it took 2 years of silence they eventually decided to place their acts in the category of family love rather than faith that a publishing house was God's mouthpiece.

Cheers!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Welcome Cal,

Good luck in talking to your parents, you will find a lot of good info and great people here.

Cheers!

hope4others

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to JWD Cal.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Welcome

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome cal!......big changes in life can be tough...you can do it....best of luck to you..........

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

Welcome! The fear that lingers really is a heavy weight....

• JK666
    JK666

CAL,

Glad you are here.

Welcome to JWD!

JK

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Cal,

Glad you found us. Pull up a chair we are family

Granny!!!!

• Casper