Intro&Convention/Meatmarket stories

by iamthewolf5562 15 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome!

Congrats on going back to school and on your "fade". Moving makes fading sooo much easier.

I'm old enough to be your mother but I was raised "in" so I know the convention meatmarket well.

I once had a guy from a different town show up unannounced outside my high school after talking to him at the DC. Creepy!

At a different DC I met up with two guys I had known when I was little. They both started writting to me (this was in pre-historic times, not cell phones, no internet). When one found out I was writting to the other he sent me a scathing letter calling me every name in the book. I guess he thought he owned me.

changeling :)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome Mate! If you hang out at Russell's grave, you will find lots of Hot "Bible Student" chicks are there worshiping at the tomb.

• Sway
    Sway

Wolf, I am new to this board also.

I was a teenager in the '70s, (yikes, all before your time) and remember the conventions well. No chaperoned dates here, it was all wild and loose. Every night was drinking and sexual hijinks. I posted on another thread that it always amazed me how conventions make people go crazy for some some reason, I don't care if it's witnesses or hardware salesmen.

I still recall one time at a convention in St Paul MN, we, white guys from the 'burbs, were standing around and this black guy walks up and says "ya'll looking for some white beef, I can set you up with some white beef." We laughed, and said we were OK, but thanks anyway. I assume he was a brother, never can tell, but just one of the many wacky experiences at the conventions.

As I got older and the fun was over, I just dreaded the conventions, sitting there for hours on end, the smelly bathrooms, the bad food, waiting in lines......just torture.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I remember overhearing 2 single young dub guys talking about that the best place to meet sisters is in the Spanish cong. like if they were a bit more loose or something, just thought that was stupid, they were as white as can be and didn't Habla espanol

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I had a couple of guy friends who adopted a "divide and conquer" mentality at the conventions. They'd spend the lunch hour chatting up as many sisters as possible, getting numbers and then compare notes later. I was not impressed. I was one of those goodie jw gals looking for a "spiritually mature" man. Blech.

tall penguin

• iamthewolf5562
    iamthewolf5562

HAHAHHA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit