being disfellowshipped?

by tiffy0212 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

If you get disfellowshipped from the kh, when they read the letter what is said? I know they don't tell why, but don't the elders have special cards that they have to fill out stating the reason? Could a person who is df get a copy of that card? Or would he need to get a lawyer in order to get it?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Since Organised to do Jehovah’s Will (2005) p.15 the announcement is “[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

The details for why is listed on a form and sent to Bethel for filing.

You cannot get hold of the form to look out. I requested mine and was refused, so have attempted to have Bethel release my records under the Australian Privacy Act 1988. They still refused. I lodged a formal complaint with the Privacy Commissioner, who sent legal notices to Bethel saying they must release my records. They have still refused and there is an ongoing legal battle between the Privacy Commission and Bethel over whether legally I am entitled to see my records.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My guess is that you are never going to see the records. They are going to continually argue that they are right, using loaded language to "prove" themselves right. No matter how the law is worded, they will twist the words to mean they have the right to withhold this information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit