2 Pictures, 2 Kinds of Goodbye

by [email protected] 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• sarahle102@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

I know this is quite old but I expect most people on this forum haven't seen it.
    I think the photos capture the moment perfectly and portrays the damage war creates.

alt

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dear gods.

There are no words.

Love to you, your friend, and his family... and... to all.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yes, those photos are really powerful. I am so sorry for your friend and for anyone who lost a loved one to war.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

This is really extremely sad, what a thing to experience. I wish this

on no one. It is very heart wrenching. I hope that he can draw comfort from

those around him.

h4o

• Casper
    Casper

So sorry, such heartbreaking pictures....

My deepest sympathies...

Sincerely,

Cas

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think politicians today should have to strap on their guns and gear, with their own sons, brothers, and nephews in tow, and lead the army into battle when they declare war. Like kings of old did. Then they might think twice about the whole nasty business!

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Wow.. those are VERY powerful pictures..

Painfully sad..

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

very sad

I won't politicize this and comment on the reasons for the war that led to this death.

I will say this: Those two pictures reminds me that many lives have been lost and many more have been irreversibly damaged by physical and mental damage..including TBI and PTSD, lost limbs, broken bodies......how much potential has been lost in sheer brainpower that was ended abruptly because these men and women, these soldiers, as well as their potential offspring, will not get the chance to live their lives to the fullest? How many families have lost a loved one, a breadwinner, a brother (as in this case), a son, a daughter, a mother, a husband, a wife, a dear friend?.... how many marriages have ended in divorce because a loved one comes home broken physically and/or mentally? How many kids will not see a parent at their graduation or at their wedding? or whose children will not know their grandparent in the future?

the cruelty of humans waging war on one another knows no bounds. Even if we dont support the reasons for the war, support the soldiers and their families left behind.

Snakes ()

• chickpea
    chickpea

as a mother of brothers,
    i find these captured moments
    of anguish to be stunning
    in their impact and message.....

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

I am not for war -- i am a conscientious objector --

however,

i do respect the people that have been brainwashed into thinking what they are doing is right -- and they are doing something completely selfless, imo - at least the ones that arent there to blow apart some AYrabs...

the only guy i know that has been in the armed services is completely messed up from what hes been through. Only 24 years old... on social security now, cant speak a sentence straight, twitching.

that doesnt bode well for my perception of things :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit