I AM STILL A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS!!!

by What-A-Coincidence 37 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Apparently they never got my letter which I sent like a year ago. I had corresponded with them by e-mail to ask them if I was 'announced' from the platform but the PO was unaware. Now, they want me to send letter, again. The other option was to have two elders present to witness the declaration of disassociation. Well, good thing I saved the letter.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Do you even need to send it, anymore?

S

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Why do you think this is important? Do the elders in your former congregation attempt to obligate you to perform on the theocratic treadmill? If not, then why bother?

Dave

• changeling
    changeling

What would it change for you?

changeling :)

• dawg
    dawg

I disagree with those that say you shouldn't formerly D/A... your good name shouldn't be associated with these loons, and by you making a formal stand you show others who have doubts that you aren't ashamed to come forward. Your stand may help others make a stand.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Exactly DAWG! I could not have said it any better.

• RR
    RR
    I AM STILL A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS!!!

What a coincidence, so am I, and I left in 1992. Blame it on the mailman.

RR

• dawg
    dawg

Thanks guys....

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I totally agree w/ you and dawg. I told my mother 2 weeks ago that I wish I could DA myself, just to let them know that I want absolutely no association w/ their organization. However, if I do that, the teeny bit of contact that I get w/ my mom would cease. A girl just needs her mommy sometimes, you know.

• oompa
    oompa

The only reason I do not fully agree with dawg and wac on this is.........THE ELDERS DO NOT READ THE FRIKKIN LETTER FROM THE PLATFORM!!!!!!!!!!!!...........so the poor bros in the audience can only imagine what body part you must have touched!.....lol....

In other words.....sending a letter that only a few suits see isn't very empowering and prevents the barely dubs from possibly even talkin to you anymore. Dont you wish the congo got to read or hear the letters?.......I do.............oompa

i would sneak mine on the bulletin board

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit