why are you an apostate for asking a question?

by paybacktime19 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• agent zero
    agent zero
    Just as long as you seek out the answer in Watchtower literature or with the elders, and immediately accept the reply as a full-stop answer

just like in the sister talks. householder says "i dont really understand this or that", other person reads a scripture, householder says "oh ok, yup, makes perfect sense now". but if you dont accept the answer, or even if you're simply ok with the question staying a question and that you dont really think there's an answer to it.. then yeah, that just don't fly with them.

A0

• Gopher
    Gopher

Don't you dare ask any questions of that "man behind the curtain" !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

who are you talking about witness 007

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

It's like wanting a new tv and you go do your research. In one magazine you have reviews of different products as they stack up against each other. And the other magazine you have is made by a specific company. You think you're gonna get real talk out of the company mag? The problem isn't asking questions, hell bible study noobs do that. It's when you ask a question that puts an air of adversity on the topic, that's when you get your problems. Like why does god need to wait to do what he's been itching to do this whole time? If everyone who was a dub is resurrected, and every human being on earth is not gonna die, and if we still have the task of filling the earth with people, how long would it take before earth becomes crowded? If we still have "free will" and we still can create things in the future how long before our creations wind up being the same destroyers of earth? I mean, unless we're gonna be all Amish.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

All i did as a witness was ask questions. I was commended for doing so. Even the hard ones. I was never branded or even slightly referred to as an apostate. They used to jokingly call me "brother 1975" hehe... and this is whilst being a pioneer.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It may also depend on the question. If what you are asking hints that you have been studying outside material, cruising the internet, or watching Dateline on pedophiles then asking the question is a sign you have been engaging in apostate-like thinking and so that is how they react. Though I have to say I do agree with Terry's answer as well but it depends on the question sometimes.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

wow you just mentioned almost all of the things i asked questions about.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Great answer, Terry. I love your posts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You are an apostate for asking a question..Because..You will find out you are being lied to,if you pursue this line of thinking.....STOP THINKING!!..OBEY!!!!!..........All Praise.....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• caliber
    caliber

Terry, an absolutely perfect illustration ... that of a father feeling challenged by a mere boy as to what is

actually a simple solution, aside from father's PRIDE !

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit