Is anybody into alternative remedies?

by ashitaka 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I have a friend who has had CFS for ten years. He is on traditional treatments, but they never seem so work out. It takes him weeks to get over a mild case of the flu. He's already been to all the doctors, but they can't seem to give him his strength back. Is there anything you guys do, if you are affected by CFS? Anything unusual, or something I may not have heard of?

Ashi

• rekless
    rekless

hi, i just did not want your topic to be overlooked for I know it is important to you...I myself don't use alterniative treatment.

My son had leukimea in the seventies and passed away...we did try laitril treatment from Mexico.

I wish you the best and my advise is this. If he wants to try something new give him your support , because nobody knows what will work or won't.

I wish I had a healing perscription for your friend.

• Satanus
    Satanus

ashi

This is alternative at this point. Tests for mycoplasma fermentans. While most strains are harmless, i read that this strain might be responsible for autoimmune diseases. It takes a long term treatment w a stronger antibiotic. There are only a few labs that can test for it, as far as i know.

SS

• Undine
    Undine

Salutations,

There is an excellent book titled:"Prescription for
    Nutritional Healing" by Phyllis and James Balch (CNC &MD.)
    (Third Edition.)

In it, on pages 286-290, are several nutritional, herbal
    and other helpful recommendations to help a person
    suffering with CFS.

I ordered my book through Amazon.
    Do hope your friend will look into it!

Undine

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Thanks, guys.

ashi

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had CFS several years ago, and I believe a blue green algae product is what cleared it up for me. Mine was called ChloroPlasma, but there are many on the market. Spirulina is another name it is called.

You need to build the immune system. My body was very toxic, too, and internal cleansing also helped, I am sure.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• rhett
    rhett

I don't believe in alternative remedies at all. Using traditional medicine we've developed longer life spans than any other group in history. Why go back to the old stuff that didn't work?

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

You said: “He's already been to all the doctors…” Is this really true? I notice that you are from the “Congo, Democratic Republic of.” Is he also located there? If so, I have not idea what medical care is like.

If you were in the USA I’d ask of he has he been to one of the truly fine University Medical Centers for evaluation? There are also fine centers located throughout Europe and Asia with which I am familiar. If he has only seen local physicians it is possible that a trip elsewhere might be fruitful.

The alternatives usually result only in extra expense and disappointment.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sam, I can't wait until Venice sees what you said!!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have worked professonaly with herbs for decades.I haven`t run a shop in a long time,but I still have the knowledge. The best advice I can give is to beware of salesman.If you think someone is just trying to sell you on something,they probably are.Ask around eventualy you will find someone with real experience.Don`t be afraid to ask questions.If it sounds like bullshit,it probably is.One of the best products I`ve worked with for building someones stamina back is from Switzerland.It is called Floradix formula made by the Floradix company.You can buy it in tablet or liquid,liquid is best by my experience.It is an iron and herb tonic.Herbs take longer to kick in .But after a month or two there should be a noticable difference.Good luck to your friend...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit