Why such boring & canned answers at the WT Study?

by navytownroger 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

NAVYTOWNROGER- Welcome to the board ! Good topic by you ! The reason the answers are NOT as interesting as 20 years ago is the Watchtower society does NOT want you to use your mind and put the answers in your OWN words ! The reason for that is they want you to answer only what they write for you in the paragraphs so they will be able to " control" what you think. It is called, " cult mind control". And the witness organization is expert at exerting it's influence over it's members. They don't want you to " think" - because you may find out real truths about them that they don't want you to know ! And the more you see good information available on the internet exposing the Watchtower societies fallacies- expect to see them clamp down even more preventing you from hearing anything else - than what they tell you ! Think about what I'm telling you

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Number one, everyone's bored to death. Number two, extra flair in the answering take time and researching outside the Library CD, which JWs largely do not know how to do. Ditto on the restricted materials; you can't use suspiciously informed outside sources.

Combine them together and you have a boooooring study.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually even before the restraints put on the rank and file, few actually did any research. Out of 100 jws at a meeting, maybe 5 did more than read from the paragraph or rearrange the words.

• heathen
    heathen

I imagine that since most are faking their hours in field service, coming up with original fake situations is pretty hard to do unless you are really good with fiction . It'd be more like donut shop stories if they actually shared some personal experiences or maybe they switched to starbucks since they've been outed about the donut shops...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Back in 1988, very few had Internet access. Research meant looking through the libraries that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger put out. There really wasn't that much opportunity to go too far off topic, and people often did ramble on in their comments.

Now, anyone with a computer can find hundreds of apostate sources to research a topic on. All you need do is put a question on this forum that you want to research, and in a day you get 20 different answers (none of which agree with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger). And there is the Comments You Will Not Hear--anyone that hits that is going to have plenty of short, to the point comments that are going to derail the whole study. Meaning they have to stick with what's written in the washtowel.

• V
    V

I gave up trying to make "interesting" comments at the WT study. Now I just do it on YouTube...

Comments You Will Not Hear at the Watchtower Study

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The publications and the answers are so pre-schoolish and simple minded. It sounds like you are reading from a Dick & Jane Elementary reading book.

Look! Look! See Spot run!

• little witch
    little witch

Yeah, what Parakeet said.. It is like teaching a dog. Say simple structured, repetative words, and the critter who needs love and reinforcement learns. (throwing bones helps also) as in "good answer" and nods, and acolades after service. LW

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Some years ago when my non JW mother stayed over she came to the Sunday meeting with us . Everyone was giving the usual paraphrased or exactly word for word answers to the Watchtower ,and I answered once in my own usual way elaborating to make my answer more interesting . Suddenly my mother leaned across to me and asked " I liked your answer ,but why are the rest just parroting what's in the magazine ?" I did'nt know what to say but as our eyes met we both knew why ,she was very well educated ,studied philosophy, phschology etc and used to be a Mormon ,another American religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit