I'd have to go with a "stir fry"....

Cas

• beksbks
    beksbks

I knew I could depend on you Priest

• llbh
    llbh

What about using in a pasta dish ?

Stir frying vegetables then incorporating in pasta?

David

• chickpea
    chickpea

steam or microwave the broccoli, cauliflower and onions til tender

saute the onions in a little olive oil, then add your favourite BBQ sauce and heat

toast some pita, spread some mayo or hummus in the pocket

add the steamed veggies and top with the BBQ onions

da bomb!

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Stirfry the zuchhini, leeks, and onions with a little soy sauce. Make a salad with the tomatos, spinach, carrots and onions. Steam the broccoli and cauliflower in a little chicken broth (or water) and add butter or cheese. Green beans and onions can be made into a nice salad with vinniagrette. Same thing with tomatos and onions. Now I'm hungry.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

simmer the veggies in chicken broth until as tender as you like, harder ones first, softer ones a shorter time. Drain and let cool while you make this dip: put one (washed) bunch each of mint and cilantro in the blender with a peeled garlic clove and the juice of half a lemon. Puree and stir into a pint of full fat yogurt. Allow to sit in the frig until the flavors blend, and the veggies are cool. Dip veggies in yogurt and eat. This is a seriously good dip. I make with non-fat nowadays, it is still good.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Cut them up, toss with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, and herbs of your choice (sage is good). Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast in the oven (450 degrees F) for about 45 minutes.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I want to thank you all very much, and I hope folks will keep adding to the thread. I love to cook, but hate deciding what. This is what I ended up with tonight, it doesn't look as good as it was. Tilapia with herbs in butter and lemon, steamed spinach, sliced fresh tomatoes, and red potatoes with olive oil, garlic, and herbs.

CIMG1536.jpg

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Throw the vegetables at the person closest by and order a pizza

• beksbks
    beksbks

You may go to he(( for that Mister Wha Happened!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit