Wake Up -- Possible Local Mini-Scandal

by West70 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
  • Mary
    Mary

D'OH!......OK, I did the cut and paste and I got it....I'll take a closer look at what God's Channel is up to at lunch time.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

This looks like typical data entry by a way under-qualified government worker at the VA. He or she probably got the job based on politically laden qualification criteria, with a result of less than precise and probably misleading data input.

My best guess is that a female JW applied for and was granted compensation to take care of someone (most likely a relative or congregation member) that is qualified under the VA for paid assistance. During the qualification period the data entry clerk has blanks to fill in, with something, on a boilerplate US government form.

Depending on the clerk and the applicant, the clerk may just drone away at the keyboard by entering information to preferentially qualify the applicant with little if any fanfare. In this case, if the clerk hears mention of a religious affiliation and he or she knows leveraging a religiously backed assistance provider will expedite the process, then they may enter the provider as, in this case, “Jehovah’s Witnesses” knowing full well it will never be audited among the literal ocean of similar documents submitted on a daily basis to the GAO.

It is a government handout. Like most others, the process is loaded with preferential treatment and virtually unchecked authenticity. If the clerk likes you, you are in. If the clerk does not like you, you are in for the biggest runaround of your life.

Marvin Shilmer

• West70
    West70

Anything is possible when you are shooting in the dark, which means Shilmer may be correct, but I do not believe so. From the referenced webpages, and links from such (which show the transaction and vendor codings), it is the appearance that that North Dakota Congregation is the party to the contract, which means the $90,000.00 worth of checks went to them, and it is doubtful that such occurred without someone filling out tons of paperwork. This posting is not a "got-cha". I simply thought that I would throw this one open to other "warriors" who occasionally visit this DB, because thus far, I have not been able to get a response from the contacts at the VA that I have attempted. Maybe someone in North Dakota, or an adjacent state, could contact a regional VA office which would be fearful of ignoring their request for info due to the possibility that that requestor might possibly show up at their office one day. Locals could also contact their Senators and Congressmen with the same requests. I can't think of any legitimate reason why a JW Congregation's name should be on this file. It should not be assumed that such is legit simply because of the VA connection. There seems to be at least a high probability that the Cong is violating WatchTower rules, if not some others. Here are the quick google links: http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&as_qdr=all&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=jehovah%27s+++site%3Ausaspending.gov PS: Neither was this topic a posting for the mere entertainment of those here who never do anything but criticize those who do do something.

• badboy
    badboy

BURGER AND MEGAWATT, LOOK AT SOME OF MY RECENT POSTS, THEY HINT AT A POSSIBLE SCANDAL

If anything comes of it, even the WT will not want to be associated with this person, it could make all these local scandals look like a tea party.

Lawyers at London Bethel are aware because I told them over the phone,suggested telling social services or police.,they said they had no access to internet.

Perhaps I shouldn't reveal too much because it might get me/board into trouble.

• sf
    sf

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&as_qdr=all&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=jehovah%27s+++site%3Ausaspending.gov

So just WHAT is WTBTS name doing in these search hits?

Federal Contracts to Contractors in North Dakota, FY 2002, list of ...

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, $27000, 106369668. FARMERS UNION OIL COMPANY OF MINOT NORTH DAKOTA, FARMERS UNION OIL COMPANY, $26820, 006998124 ...
    www.usaspending.gov/fpds/fpds.php?&fiscal_year=2002&state=ND&sortby=u&datype=T&reptyp... - 219k - Cached - Similar pages

Federal Contracts to Contractors in North Dakota, FY 2000, list of ...

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, $14000, 106369668. MISSOURI RIVER CONTRACTING INC, MISSOURI RIVER CONTRACTING INC, $14000, 181022047 ...
    www.usaspending.gov/fpds/fpds.php?&fiscal_year=2000&state=ND&sortby=u&datype=T&reptyp... - 198k - Cached - Similar pages

Federal Contracts to Contractors in North Dakota, FY 2001, list of ...

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, $20000, 106369668. SERVICES GROUP OF AMERICA, INC. FOOD SERVICES OF AMERICA, INC, $18848, 041336785 ...
    www.usaspending.gov/fpds/fpds.php?&fiscal_year=2001&state=ND&sortby=u&datype=T&reptyp... - 213k - Cached - Similar pages

Federal Contracts to Contractors in North Dakota, FY 2003, list of ...

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, CIRCLE OF FRIENDS, $29008, 106369668. SKL, INC. HOME HEATING, PLUMBING & A/C, HOME HEATING & PLUMBING, $28556, 031818958 ...
    www.usaspending.gov/fpds/fpds.php?&fiscal_year=2003&state=ND&sortby=u&datype=T&reptyp... - 237k - Cached - Similar pages

Federal Contracts for Medical services, FY 2001, list of contractors

CANTEX HEALTH CARE CENTERS LLC, CANTEX HEALTH CARE CENTERS, $20000, 092937309. JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, $20000, 106369668 ...
    www.usaspending.gov/fpds/fpds.php?&psc_cat=Q&fiscal_year=2001&sortby=u&datype=T&repty... - Similar pages
  • West70
    West70

The following "head-scratcher" may have been a local mini-scandal at least amongst local JWs after this local newspaper article disclosed the interfaith participation and source of funding.

Also, if the Gilliams were not JWs, why were the JWs there?

http://www.pe.com/localnews/sanbernardino/stories/PE_News_Local_B_bdifference23.402f719.html

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

I don’t think that the indiscretions of a few local yokel JWs is of much interest. Nor should it be. I don’t intend to be disrespectful to anyone, but I find it quite trivial and boring that a situation like this - which is filled with so much conjecture - would command any attention.

We all saw how Jehovah’s Witnesses responded to the United Nations scandal (a real scandal which attracted international attention). Witnesses tripped over themselves in their attempts to rationalize, justify, and excuse the Watchtower-UN affiliation. Traveling overseers and elders stumbled, mumbled, and fumbled in their apologetic excuses for the Watchtower’s involvement, with no hint of embarrassment. As of today, the vast majority of JWs are hardly aware that it occurred. Most JWs simply do not care about the organization’s actions unless it affects their lives personally.

Therefore, if Jehovah’s Witnesses did not care about the conduct of the Watchtower leadership in regards to an international scandal, what makes anyone think that they would care about the possible indiscretions of a few fly-swatting JWs in North Dakota?

• uninformed
    uninformed

Jeremy C-----------------Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think that the indiscretions of a few local yokel JWs is of much interest. Nor should it be. I don’t intend to be disrespectful to anyone, but I find it quite trivial and boring that a situation like this - which is filled with so much conjecture - would command any attention.

We all saw how Jehovah’s Witnesses responded to the United Nations scandal (a real scandal which attracted international attention). Witnesses tripped over themselves in their attempts to rationalize, justify, and excuse the Watchtower-UN affiliation. Traveling overseers and elders stumbled, mumbled, and fumbled in their apologetic excuses for the Watchtower’s involvement, with no hint of embarrassment. As of today, the vast majority of JWs are hardly aware that it occurred. Most JWs simply do not care about the organization’s actions unless it affects their lives personally.

Therefore, if Jehovah’s Witnesses did not care about the conduct of the Watchtower leadership in regards to an international scandal, what makes anyone think that they would care about the possible indiscretions of a few fly-swatting JWs in North Dakota?

Brant

• sf
    sf

~found it...bump~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit