To Be Or Not To Be?

by sacolton 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• changeling
    changeling

Leave, face the consequences, make the best of it, move on, be happy.

changeling :)

• beksbks
    beksbks

Liberty! Freedom!

Tyranny is dead! Run hence, proclaim, cry it about the streets!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow.....just wow. Actual written evidence of a raving lunatic Watchtower policy.

The point of it all: Keep the masses dumb, so they are more easily manipulated and controlled.

Even though I've been out for several years, I guess I still didn't want to believe it was a cult. This truly nails it for me. It fits Steve Hassan's B.I.T.E. model to a "T"

B = Behavior Control

I = Information Control

T = Thought Control

E = Emotional Control

I mean, they've always FROWNED upon education, but this written outright denial of education is outright lunacy and is not based on the Bible at all. Where in the Bible does it state that one must be dumb and ignorant as qualifications to enter God's Kingdom? This is outlandish, and I really wish the media would pick up on this.

- Wing Commander

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

SAColton..........

sometimes you have to shoot the wounded and move on.

Jeff

• StAnn
    StAnn

sac~what we really need is a time machine, to go back in time and either (a) prevent C. T. Russell from being born so he couldn't inflict this insanity on future generations or (b) go even further back in time and prevent mankind from coming into existence altogether.

Sometimes the pain of just being alive is so great as a result of being raised JW. I do believe in an afterlife and I do believe I'll go to heaven one day, but, man, I wish it was today. Don't know how many more post-JW days I can endure.

StAnn

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    Leave, face the consequences, make the best of it, move on, be happy.

I agree. I can think of no pros to the choice of staying in. You can go on and make new friends and create new relationships. It is sad that some old relationships are broken or are never the same but there are sad choices for everyone in this world. You just have to make the best of it.

• yknot
    yknot

1.5.......know it is crap but smart enough to know how to stay under the radar as 'inactive' and keep family & friends while living life!

• StAnn
    StAnn
    1.5.......know it is crap but smart enough to know how to stay under the radar as 'inactive' and keep family & friends while living life!

yk, is it living life or living a lie? I couldn't take the pressure of living the lie anymore. StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit