YOU !!!???? were a Jehovah's Witness???? NO WAY !!

by nomoreguilt 13 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I had to LMAO !! On the 4th of JULY, with PRIDE..I had a cookout with a number of friends and neighbors. My neighbor across the street, young guy, 27 really good kid, had his father in from Milwaukee, he's 52. So, here we are sitting around the patio, lots of food, stuff, beer flowing amply. I really don't recall how the subject came up, oh wait that's right, I do. The father commented on places he's travelled and he spoke about the Mormon temple. He loved the beauty of it and how only Mormons could go into other parts of the temple. So, I commented on how they were just another cult, like JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.....

So, he says, " Oh, do you know about jw's"? His son interupted and injected, " OH yea Dad, nomoreguilt used to BE ONE.." Ok, here I go. I says , YUP!! I was one for over 40 years...He says, " NO WAY nomoreguilt, you couldn't be, you're too cool and too much FUN!!!" Well, my wife chimed in that yes, in fact, he used to BE. Again he says, " No WAY!! You are just too COOL to have been one."

So, he wanted to know more about jw's and I very politely said that we were having too much fun to talk about it then, but I told him i would tell him more the next day, which I did. He hated them before I filled his ears and hates them even more now

Oh, and Yes, I had a great holiday weekend, thank you.

NMG

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yet, this is the only group that has any Scriptural reason for surviving Armageddon!

How deluded we were!

Sylvia

• Gopher
    Gopher

Isn't it funny -- anti-Witnessing seems so much easier and more natural then Witnessing (when we believed the stuff). I always had a hard time feeling reasonable when I was trying to Witness in favor of the JW's.

• carla
    carla

Isn't it funny how the subject of jw's can come up like that? My mom was at her exercise class and the ladies were talking about who was married to who in the past and one says, 'he was EVEN married to a jw!!' like it was the fate worse than death! they all just laughed about it and went on, my mom didn't have the heart to say anything because she loves my jw but could kick him in the butt for what he has done to our entire family (changing the dynamics of the family and not being able to trust him)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Great story. Be sure to count your time when you are informal witnessing..

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You know, it's funny, but I get the same reaction when someone finds out that I was a jw. Many of our more disciplined friends love to come to our parties, so they can let their hair down. We don't serve alcohol, but there's plenty of good food and off color banter going on. Every month it's something; a birthday here, a holiday there. Life is good as a "worldly" person, isn't it?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Goes to show people think jw's are a bunch of stiff a$$'s. Most think jw's can't be cool or do nothing to have fun.

Sounds like you had fun...good show!

h4o

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

You're such an APOSTATE! LOL

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Yes, it's so much easier to be out of the tunnel and looking in....I no longer feel restrained by the consequences of my actions. Let your hair down, be YOURSELF!! Not the molded wanna be of the org. So many jw's have no idea what it is to just be YOURSELF.

NMG

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

What's funny is that JWs who do know how to have a good time get counseled often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit