Did anyone attend the Rosenberg DC in Texas?

by cawshun 6 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

Interested in hearing if attendance was up or down, did they speak about higher education and do the symbolic

book burning? My kids just got back from the 3 day DC, just courious how it went. I was hoping something

would open their eye's. Thank's Cawshun

• Serg
    Serg

Rosenburg is usually used for Circuit Assemblies since the cap is around 1800 or so.

From what I heard about this year's DC its all the same bs as every other DC except repeated in a different form.

• cawshun
    cawshun

Thank's Serg, It was a 3 day convention they attend every year and I was just wondering if attendance was down. I was just hoping to see a drop off. I keep hoping when they see not too many in attendance they will wonder why. I was hoping the talk on higher education might cause their eyes to open to what's going on. I just keep hoping for a light to wake them up. Thank you for your response.

Cawshun

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

The English congregations in the Houston and surrounding areas had their 3 day conventions in the Berry Center. The spanish were banished to an Arena in Katy....don't remember it's name.

I took one for the team and went to Sunday session where they staged a faux book burning. They labeled the books as high quality and high value spiritistic books
    to make it more palatable. that was during the drama. They also, as expected, bashed education, and every other charitable work save THEIR work of d2d spreading their good newz.

Typical barf-fest.

• Serg
    Serg

Yea, the spanish one would be in the Meryl Center and I'll be stuck there all of this weekend but on the bright side at least I will be walking around the corridor with my "unruly" kid most of the sessions instead of being confined and tortured stuck in the same seat for hours.

• cawshun
    cawshun

Thanks for the information. My kids didn't mention a thing about the talks. I couldn't let on that I knew what the talks would be about thank's to this JWD. My daughter and husband are both college grads. how could they not see a red flag go up when they talk negitive about higher education??? Still hoping for a light to go off in their brain.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Up until 2001...maybe 2002 the DC was in the Astrodome, and the last few years it was hitting 40-45K with the rainbow level getting seats opened up. In the Astrodome with so many people you could leave early,just not show up ( which I started to do in 2002 ) and just tell people,... " oh, yeah I sat so and so,just so many people man, I looked for you.... ya know ??" In the latter years you could barely walk on the Orange level, and that became true on the gray and red levels as well.

I guess Bob Mcnair (NFL owner ) told the JW's to pound sand when they opened the new NFL stadium next door, Reliant Stadium. Even though it has a roof, I hardly doubt he was going to let them trample all over that grass, which they truck in,so it's not cheap. Anyone why they stopped with the dome ? As it has been closed in terms of MLB since 2000,the year the baseball stadium downtown opened. But I know it was used as late as 2001,the year we had Tropical Storm Allison.

In 2003/04 I think it was the Collins Center ( English ), the basketball arena up at Texas A&M University...for one year at least I know. Didn't attend there.

When I moved over to Spanish in 2005,they had it in Beaumont. Boy how things change......in JULY 2005 with gas at a WHOPPING 1.89/gal I thought that was too far, and gas TOO expensive......I guess those were the good ole' days.Didn't attend there either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit