JW's Sued for Protecting Alleged Abusers

by jamiebowers 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    ruled that only the congregations could be sued

Which could still be a good thing. Sue the congregation and if that doesn't work then sue the PO; CO and Elders independently. This would scare a heck of a lot of them into some clearer thinking and maybe even reduce the numbers of willing slaves to work on behalf of the GB. A reduction in Elders at every level mean a reduction in the number of KH's which mean a reduction in revenue. It's all good. In fact, I say let people sue them for all sorts of things that have caused irreparable harm and in that way like shunning - class actions which would tie up the money for ages. sammieswife.

• Mary
    Mary
    Unfortunately the point of the article is that in the case of Amy B., the judge decided that the WTB&TS are too far removed from the situation and ruled that only the congregations could be sued.

This could actually have a bitter-sweet outcome: If the WTS itself remained out of reach and only the local elders were sued, I think it'd be fair to say you'd have A LOT of pissed off and extremely bitter elders. After all, they're only "following orders" and if they were dragged through the courts with astronomical lawyers' fees and possibly losing their homes, I think Crooklyn would see a really bad fallout in the end, with many elders leaving the Borg altogether.

Between the two, I'd much rather see the WTB&TS sued rather than individual elders. After all, the policy of protecting pedophiles and DF'ing anyone who speaks out publically about it comes directly from the Governing Body, not the local elders.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Oh my! Wouldn't it be wonderful if the bOrg was litigated out of existance!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Regardless of whether it's New York or local elders, I hope it hits the press whenever and wherever possible. Regardless of who wins or loses in the courtroom, the dubs will lose in the court of public opinion. And that brings reproach on Hojovah's Witnesses name... and isn't that a good thing!

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit