Waste of Paper Distribution Campaigns

by WTWizard 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It seems that these are always going on. This year, we had the REJECT Jesus Party invitations. The witlesses wasted almost a whole month getting those things out, and dismally failed. Almost no one went because they got a waste of paper. In fact, I remember a hounder-hounder estimate that there was a 5% decrease in attendance in this country.

This fall, there is yet another waste of paper distribution campaign set up. It is another tract that will then be put in the lineup. Which, to me, is a complete waste of time as well as paper since they could just place them along with the washtowels and asleeps, or instead of the above in case interest is limited. Instead, it is another drop everything and place these wastes of paper campaign.

What lies beyond that, I am positive there will be yet another REJECT Jesus Party Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign for 2009. Once again, the witlesses will drop everything to place them, and spend extra hours doing this. And, since the Grand Boasting Session is international in 2009, there will be yet another waste of paper distribution campaign advertising it.

Now, they seem to be getting off on distributing wastes of paper. What happens during a campaign? Usually, people will be asked to auxiliary pioneer while a waste of paper distribution campaign is going on. Those that usually go in at noon will be asked to stay out until the middle of the afternoon, and people will also be asked to go out on days when they don't normally. More field circus, less other activities.

And it is more monotonous. Since calls and studies (save the important ones that are progressing) are suspended during a waste of paper distribution campaign, there is almost solid door to door. And it is quick. People do not dawdle in the territory during these. Instead, it is ring the bell, wait, and leave the waste of paper if the person is not home. And they are more bent on completing the territory, meaning fewer trips to Starbucks (and more waste of paper "tips" for the poor waitress when they do). And less time for driving around for calls, fogging up the windows, or taking a quick nap while the others are in on a call.

Besides, this is getting people down to the first grade. The work is designed to be easy enough for a 6 year old, baptized child to do. Adults are supposed to be spending all their time on this kind of work. And we all know what happens when we are dumbed down like this--people are not happy when they have to do this sort of mind-numbing work.

I hope the crapt work this fall is a complete fiasco. I would like nothing more than to hear reports that 98% of the territories are not completed. And, if there is a disaster NR38 placement later, I hope the whole campaign has to be cancelled because no one is participating in it. Let's hope for another dismal failure in the REJECT Jesus Invite Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign and the 2009 Grand Boasting Session Invite Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

You are not the only one who feels this way.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Roll blunts with 'em, sez I.

I don't smoke the mary wanna, but it seems that would be a more useful use for the tracts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We all know whats going to happen to those pamphlets.....10% will be distributed..And..The householder will toss it in the garbage.....90% will end up in a spare bedroom or garage of the JW`s,distributing the pamphlets................I wonder how many forests the WBT$ destroys every year,to print their crap..And..How many forests do JW`s collectively have,in their spare bedrooms and garages....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

A printer I know says that the price of paper is going to soar since a main ingredient is starch and it is made from corn..........I wonder how high the paper price has to get and the WTS will have to cut back on printing?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Outlaw...

We all know whats going to happen to those pamphlets.....10% will be distributed..And..The householder will toss it in the garbage.....90% will end up in a spare bedroom or garage of the JW`s,distributing the pamphlets................I wonder how many forests the WBT$ destroys every year,to print their crap..And..How many forests do JW`s collectively have,in their spare bedrooms and garages....................

I have burned or thrown away many....

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

A printer I know says that the price of paper is going to soar since a main ingredient is starch and it is made from corn..........I wonder how high the paper price has to get and the WTS will have to cut back on printing?

This is another reason why I won't be surprised if the WTBTS starts having congregations print study edition WTs, OKM, and so on.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope that paper gets so damn expensive for them that they have to cancel any further waste of paper distribution campaigns.

I am never going to volitionally support in any way another one of their stupid waste of paper campaigns. And I hope their printers conk out on them while trying to print them.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I deal with paper and prices for a living, and the prices are only starting to get crazy, wait and see what happens !
    they are now starting to make paper with a certain % of clay instead of using all pulp :

http://www.conservatree.com/paper/PaperDesc.shtml

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Besides, this is getting people down to the first grade. The work is designed to be easy enough for a 6 year old, baptized child to do. Adults are supposed to be spending all their time on this kind of work. And we all know what happens when we are dumbed down like this--people are not happy when they have to do this sort of mind-numbing work.

Actually, the dumbed-down-dubs seem to like it easy... quick and easy. No real thinking or conversation. Throw and go. Get a territory covered fast, and go get coffee. The dubs are taught that it's blitzkrieg. The householders see it as wastepaper distribution.

Don't forget that gasoline is getting expensive for these drive-by campaigns.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit