Worship of the Faithful and Discrete Slave?

by Lady Zombie 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

It sure does seem like the WTBTS is subtly edging JWs towards actually worshipping the FDS. They're constantly reminding JWs that all spiritual food is provided via the FDS and how the WTBTS are Jehovah's chosen representatives.

And the nebulous hypothetical question that the WTBTS has been asking of late of (paraphrased) 'will you accept and obey direction from the FDS, no matter how strange it may appear?' They insinuate that "in the last days," JWs may be issued instructions that may, at first, appear to be outlandish, but that their very survival depends on it.

It was ominously mentioned at the last DC and was mentioned again several times in congregational meetings, especially during the book study which not surprisingly is the Revelation book.

The first problem here is, the current GB, the very ones responsible for "providing food at the proper time" are not among the annoited. They're comprised of the other sheep. The WTBTS clearly has stated that it is the FDS who is responsible for providing the so called "food at the proper time." I'm curious as to what the real FDS says about this.

Second problem, all the way back in the Old Testament, Jehovah constantly reminded the Jews that he was a jealous god and would not tolerate any worship to anyone or anything other than him. The WTBTS has become a broken record concerning the FDS. They've come to focus so much on the FDS that it sounds suspiciously like worship. They try to gloss it over by also reminding JWs that the FDS is carrying out Jehovah's commandments, but it seems like the FDS is discussed as frequently as Jehovah and with almost as much reverence.

I remember back in the 70's, 80's and early to mid 90's, the FDS wasn't discussed as much as they are now. Plus, there is more annoited now than there were back then!

Weirdness (more so than usual!) is brewing here. I'm beginning to think that very soon, the Dubs are going to be worshipping the FDS, insofar as worshipping won't be "worshipping" because the WTBTS will still be claiming that they only worship Jehovah. But they'll force the Dubs to swallow it by "reasoning" with them that since the FDS = Jehovah's chosen earthly organization and representation, then the FDS is due the same reverence as Jehovah might expect, and to disrespect the FDS and disregard the FDS' directives, is the same as disrespecting and disregarding Jehovah.

The Dubs won't batt an eye either. Why? Because they're being groomed for it now. Hell, most times during the prayers, Jehovah is thanked for "his loving provision of the FDS."

I can easily see the GB pulling off half cocked directions (e.g. 'fleeing to safety,' selling off all assets and sending it to the WTBTS) and telling shocked JWs that the FDS has directed this. By this time, JWs will have slowly been indoctrinated that FDS = Jehovah, so they'll do it without a second thought.

If this is really the case, then the JW religion is an idolatrous one since worship is directed away from Jehovah, or at the very least, shared with the FDS.

Am I really off base here?

• yknot
    yknot

Well when an organization follows it's own wisdom (over that of the Word) and demands it's members to obey it's orders no matter what.....

That is asking for exclusive devotion and as JWs we associate such devotion to mean worship.

• oompa
    oompa
    zombie: I'm curious as to what the real FDS says about this.

yer kiddin right?.... how would you know and how could they prove it.....that they are them?.....take a nap and give it a rest.................oompa

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Well, wait a minute. Granted it's all hooey but this particular religion says there is a definite number that comprise the FDS, so, how come they are never heard from? The GB talks out of thier ass. A lot. But it isn't like all these annoited are sending out their thoughts. No, just a handful of old geezers who aren't them.

Meh, forget it.

I tend to get anxious because my aging folks are hardcore believers and I'm worried for them because if the "FDS" (GB) told them to jump off a cliff, they'd probably do it.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

What you are talking about is already done. They are supposed to be God's channel.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

yeah, i didnt ever remember them talking as much about the gb or obedience to the gb as they do now. if anyone has any references about the obeying even if not understanding please post. thanks.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Worship! worship Verb [-shipping, -shipped] or US [-shiping, -shipped] 1. to show profound religious devotion to (one's god), for example by praying 2. to have intense love and admiration for (a person) Noun 1. religious adoration or devotion 2. formal expression of religious adoration, for example by praying 3. intense love or devotion to a person [Old English weorthscipe] worshippern http://www.thefreedictionary.com/worship Watchtower-1981-August-1-p.26-par-20 Your attitude toward the wheatlike anointed “brothers” of Christ and the treatment you accord them will be the determining factor as to whether you go into “everlasting cutting-off” or receive “everlasting life.” img376/9884/wat10001fw6.jpg N.

• New light for you
    New light for you

Lady,

It sounds like you're also refering to the HORRID email that was circulated to witnesses about some brothers talk who talked about everyone in bible times being obedient, and how today yes .... we should OBEY the FDS EVEN TO DEATH.. EVEN if they DIDN"T understand or it DIDNT MAKE SENSE what they were asking.. WOULDN"T YOU OBEY like noah did???????

THat letter THREW ME OVER THE EDGE. I sent back a reply and havn't heard from my mother since. That is the most obscene, mind controlling, SICK letter i've even seen. (I have it if anyone wants a copy so they can scream)

Makes you REALLY sure you made the right decision to leave.

I totally agree that it's not turning.. they already have all that in place. it's ready to go.. something rediculous seems like it's going to be asked soon.

DAMN CULT!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Lady,

One correction.. as far as I know all the GB's are of the so called self-proclaimed annointed class.....

It doesn't really matter since the whole nebulous FDS concept is an arbitrarily invented one.

And they do require obedience til death .... blood transfusion anyone?

A@G

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Thanks A@G. I got into my head somehow that they were from the other sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit