July 15 Study Edition

by StAnn 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yesidid
    yesidid

Notice the sleight of hand here:

First they quote 2 Thess 1:7,8

those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.

They then say:

"Notice that people will be judged on the basis of their response to the good news."

BUT

they fail to acknowledge that they don’t preach the good news about Jesus.

They preach the good news of the Kingdom.

"This good news of the Kingdom let us preach" la la la.

.yesidid

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I sighed and groaned while reading that dreck, do I get a mark?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Effectively, Jehovah wants to destroy anyone that will not give up their lives and become God machines. He does not give a fxxx about who it is; He will happily destroy babies that do not have a chance to extort from the parents. And if He thinks you could have done a bit better, He will have no problem destroying you as well.

And that is supposed to be a loving God?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

There is a major problem with their interpretation. Ezekiel 8 describes the "destesable" things happening right inside Jehovah's temple. Chapter 9 speaks of the judgement for those sins. The man with the inkhorn marks those WITHIN Jersusalem for destruction/survival. These people are ALREADY in a covenant relationship with Jehovah.

A more accurate interpretation would be to apply this marking to a separating work WITHIN the annointed, since, according to JWs, only they are in a covenant relationship with Jehovah.

Regards,

Justitia

• StAnn
    StAnn
    There is a major problem with their interpretation.

To my way of seeing it, the major problem with their interpretation is that they don't have the authority, knowledge, or skill to interpret a menu, let alone the Bible.

StAnn

• catbert
    catbert

Quick message to deliver in the door to door work:

Jesus picked our religion as the one true religion in 1918, and if you don't pick it too, you will die!

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Catbert's got the Cliff Notes version of that Study edition:

Jesus picked our religion as the one true religion in 1918, and if you don't pick it too, you will die!

And I loved the "root for Santa" post, too. hee hee hee.

• Observer17
    Observer17

Hi Justitia:

A more accurate interpretation would be to apply this marking to a separating work WITHIN the annointed, since, according to JWs, only they are in a covenant relationship with Jehovah.

I wonder if you have any thoughts as to who might be conducting this "marking" work among Jehovah's Witnesses, if any?

Just wondering.

Observer

• VM44
    VM44

Remember when they said that the preaching work was "to find those deserving of Jehovah's un-deserved kindness"?

I wish I knew where that was. I think it was in a Kingdom Ministry from years ago.

• yknot
    yknot

Is this the one?

Remember when they said that the preaching work was "to find those deserving of Jehovah's un-deserved kindness"? I wish I knew where that was. I think it was in a Kingdom Ministry from years ago.

***km12/93p.7par.1Sow Bountifully but With Discernment***

Every farmer knows that if he sows his seed bountifully, he will likely reap a bountiful harvest, but if he sows sparingly, he will assuredly reap sparingly. (2 Cor. 9:6) Farmers are careful not to waste seed by sowing where no growth is possible. Similar discernment is needed when we offer our literature in the field. Our desire is to leave literature with those who are interested in reading it. We want to give deserving ones the opportunity to learn of Jehovah’s undeserved kindness and the Kingdom hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit