Do You Smog?

by compound complex 18 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Wheels:

I passed smog today. My car did, that is. I went in a half-hour early, was first in line and subsequently had four vehicles behind mine by opening time. The owner said it's nonstop everyday.

My current fuel injection number passes more breezily than my former carb jobs ever did. I've had my share of gross-polluters ...

I learned that there are sting operations going on here (California). Some local agencies have been caught tampering with the results, but I haven't yet learned of the penalties.

Are all or any vehicles smogged where you live? I understand that diesel and gas powered vehicles 1973 and older are exempt in California. A customer told me he has a friend whose truck runs on Mazola (less than a dollar a gallon when he cannot get sufficient used oil from restaurants).

Nothing earth-shaking; merely the highlight of my day.

Thanks,

CoCo

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I'm in Florida, we don't have emission testing. Neener-neener-neener!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Freud,

Thanks for your sympathetic reply. Blessed are the s.

I'm so very happy for you! Many here have spent big bucks just to pass.

CoCo

• FreudianSlip
  • John Doe
    John Doe

What's a smog?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm surprised they are still doing emissions testing like that with modern cars.

Cars after 1990 monitor their own emissions and will notify you (Check Engine Light) if there is a problem. Charging people to run their car on a dynamometer or any other test is just a racket used to collect more money for the state.

I should know, I used to be a Certified Emissions Tester in the state of Texas.

• Purza
    Purza

If you have a new car you don't have to smog it for five years (unless you sell it - smogs are required on change of ownership). Older vehicles do not need to be smogged, but I don't know how old they have to be.

It is a pain to get a smog test every other year -- my husband said it was created for a "jobs program" (but he is pretty cynical). I guess it does help us keep our air cleaner.

Purza

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

No smog in SD.

Not very many people for that matter.....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks for your replies; I learned new some things.

CoCo

• Casper
    Casper

No testing in Southern Indiana, that I know of.............

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit