little WT extras

by agent zero 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• lancelink
    lancelink

here is the site that sells all the JW stuff,

http://www.stoopsmfg.com/

some pretty funny stuff here

remember the people at the wt study who would high lite every paragraph with 2 or 3 different colors, and almost every word
    would be highlighted ?

I would look at them and think wtf,,, why would you do that, can't you think and answer by yourself ??

• yknot
    yknot

Lance

Highlighting is the cheapest way to appear 'spiritual'.

The standard is 2 -3....4 being for pioneer.

• Sway
    Sway

LOL, I had none of that stuff. For a long time I didn't even own a book bag. At first I used to go out in service with just a Bible, I figured that was all I needed. I thought I was cool being able to reason from the scriptures only. But I was quickly reprimanded by the self-righteous elders--that I needed to have a book-bag and carry around all the WT crap, the mags and books and such. After that I always felt like a cheap salesman trying to place the literature.

• blondie
    blondie

My goodness, Sway, how did you expect to prove "the truth" with only a Bible. You would have really thrown them if you had not taken the NWT.

Love, Blondie

• Sway
    Sway

Apparently I was a real rebel. One time at a book study I read a scripture from a bible other than the NWT because I felt the wording was more clear. I really caught hell for that one.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

One time my study conductor was having me go through an article, so I got two highlighters and a black sharpie. I told him that if something in the article was substantiated by the Bible I would highlight it in green. Something that was not substantiated, but not refuted became pink. Anything that the Bible said the opposite, I would run the black sharpie through the words. This way I could discern the truth visually. My friends, when we got done you could not even read about a third of that article, and about a quarter of it was green. It was NOT pretty!

• agent zero
    agent zero

kurt, i'm gonna do that from now on!

• donny
    donny

Man I just gotta have one of those 2008 Yeartext pens!!!!

• dogon
    dogon

The only reason the society keeps it going is becasue anything that makes you more involved in the society they love it, Anything that keeps people attached to the org. is good for the org. People who make something personalized are much more likely to form an attachment to that thing, and are much harder to show the error of their ways.

The society knows this and in a shamfull way they use anything that works for them, I talked to a psycoligist once and they said that they had studied the dubbers and that there was no doubt that the governing body knows what it is doing and is using these tacticts to control its members, can anyone say cult?

• Alexia
    Alexia

LOL, I had none of that stuff. For a long time I didn't even own a book bag. At first I used to go out in service with just a Bible, I figured that was all I needed. I thought I was cool being able to reason from the scriptures only. But I was quickly reprimanded by the self-righteous elders--that I needed to have a book-bag and carry around all the WT crap,

LOL! My ex-husband used to do that too. Go to the doors with just a bible. The elders put an end to that too though.

My favorites:

Highlighters – yellow, pink, blue and orange was my favorite. I think it scored extra points when trying to attract guys when visiting other halls in my teens.

The little metal tin to hold the non-at-home slips and tracks (easy to write on while standing up)

I preferred my own (fashionable) book bag. The homemade ones looked too generic to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit