"Queenie" has passed away

by Brymichmom 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

I got an email from her daughter Lisa this morning regarding "Queenie", who used to post on this forum as well as others, such as my Yahoo Groups. Many of you long timers on this forum probably remember Queenie. She had multiple health problems and took a turn for the worse last month after a fall and died yesterday. Here is a copied and pasted email I received from her daughter. May Queenie rest in peace. My condolences to Queenie's daughter, Lisa. I'm not posting their email address for everyone, but if you want it please p.m. me.

Cynthia

Subject: A Sad Announcement Regarding Linda Kersey from: Lisa (Linda's daughter)...
    To: "
    Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 10:14 AM

On june 3rd mom, (Linda Kersey) had a fall which immediately resulted in a very bad, swelling, wound she was released too soon, the next day infact, from the county hospital, we both stated that we felt she needed more medical care in hopsital and it was too soon for her release, but the young, cocky doctor released her none-the-less. In-home nursing was assisting with mom's wound care in our house for a few days, then handed it over to me, things seemed doable then suddenly the next day mom started to bleed from the wound, we tried making the dressing thicker and found over the next two days that it seemed to be worsening, so, on the that weekend we called the in-home nursing place and fortunately there was one nurse on call. She came immediately when we told her of what was going on.

Upon seeing mom's wound she advised us we ought to call for 911 and that mom needed to go back to emergency ASAP. I called the 911 immediately and mom was rushed to Mercy Hospital, (the hospital she wished to go to initially but theyr made he go to the county hospital because they said the computers were down at Mercy Hosp. the first trip to ER).

Well, mom got admitted into Mercy and stayed there until they suddenly seemed in a hurry to transfer her out. She had been designated while at Mercy Hospital to have a MRSA infection and was thus to be in private room isolation. She had to wait two days to finally have the PICC line put in her arm to get the much needed antibiotics into her system, though it had been ordered "STAT" on the weekend she had arrived, so she was finally PICC lined in her arm and was given pain meds, loads of anti-biotics, and of course her host of usual meds. as well while staying in Mercy Host. The whole time I kept both visiting in person and doing a lot of talking and checking on mom and vice versa via phone until the day mom was transfered to the skilled nursing facility Mercy Hospital doctor had decided she would most likely would need to stay at for about 3-4 weeks for further wound care, then physical therapy, etc.,

The afternoon of the same day she was transfered (June24th) I called to check that mom had arrived and all was well, and to possibly speak with her as well, I was told that mom had arrived and was in her room, however, she was not able to speak with me as they had no phones for patients in their rooms and the only phones were at the front nurse's station at the builings' entrance far from mom's back room. So I left a message with the somewhat seemingly snooty young gal I spoke with to please let mom know that I had called, that I would be coming to visit at beginning of visiting hours (11am) asap the next morning. I went the next morning and arrived about 30 minute early but went in anyway and since there was no one to stop me I went on in and found mom's room. It was empty!

So I hunted for a nurse to ask where she went. I finally found the very nurse that claimed to have found mom "unresponsive." She said the ambulance just took her to the Memorial Hospital next door to their building. I went to the hospital as fast as my feet could get me there. I found mom had already been found dead on scene they revived her heart but that was all and even that was only beating because they were pumping her full of the max does of BP meds, etc. She was on respirator and all, it was so awful.

They got her scans taken of her brain and chest pretty swifty and ruled out any stroke or blood clots as being the cause of death. Pretty much they concluded and stated "her heart just stopped beating." Since it is still unknown just how long mom had been dead and without any oxygen to her brain before being found and taken to hospital, at that point, it was not know how much of her brain was still alive. Later I was told the very bad news that mom's brain was only a trace left alive, if that, that there was NO chance of her ever regaining consciousness and that all her organs were only seeming to work due to all the meds, etc., in other words, the only thing keeping mom seemingly physically alive was artificial and not mom. :O(

On July 1st after spending most of the day by mom's bedside mom was taken off the respirator. I stayed with her a while right after and then I was told that mom probably would take up to a day or two to go completely until all the BP meds., etc were out of her system.

I think mom wanted for me not to have to see her go because very soon after I left mom's hospital room, while riding with the married couple that drove me over to the hospital back to this house, I got the news that mom had just passed.

I went yesterday to view mom at the funeral home and say what I needed to say to her. I have been working on getting her burial details and the like taken care of. I am trying not to lose it mentally and keep it together for mom's sake. I know she would want me to get her buried next to nana (her mom) if at all possible and it is looking like that is going to be done, thank goodness!

Mom had said several times to me, some of the hospital nurses, and one or two others over the past few weeks that she wanted her mom. I am hoping and praying that mom and nana (mom's mom) are together as spirit beings, and that both my mom and nana are at peace. I hope and pray that they can be with me at least from time to time and let their presences be made known to me when I need them most. I miss them both so much! I am especially having a hard time with the how of mom's death as well as loneliness of not having her here anymore all of a sudden, not even to speak with on the phone anymore. :O(

I just wanted to make you all aware of her passing. I know that you are folks mom either admired, liked, and/ or loved very much. that is why you are in her email addressbook, most likely, & that is why you are receiving this email. I used mom's email account to send this out to you all since a lot of you may not even know my email and might have it re-directed to spam. I hope this makes it through to all of you okay.

I have not yet been able to get anything planned in the way of memorial(s) or funeral services for mom. I am thinking that once she has her ashes arrived at the Memorial park where she is to be buried next to nana, I will have her memorial there at the memorial park in Los Angels, CA. I will gladly give you the address of the memorial park if you think you will possibly able to come pay your respects.

If you think you can offer any helpful advice, or just wish to say something about mom, etc., please email this email address.

Thank You ALL for your friendship with mom.

Sincerely,
    Lisa (daughter of Linda Kersey)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I cannot think of anything to say. So sorry for your loss.

Hugs

HB

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I do remember Queenie.

R.I.P.

Paul

• garybuss
    garybuss

That's a shame. I corresponded with her for years and visited with her on the phone many times. She was very intelligent and very up beat in spite of all the health problems she had. I'm sorry to hear of her passing.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

God that is SO sad :( Im so sorry for your loss.

Had mom been an illegal Mexican, she would have been treated like royalty in our medical system. Shit is so back asswards in this country.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Linda sent me it to.... How terribly sad. It seems the hospital is partly to be blamed .So sad.

I sent my condolances to her daughter

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Mouthy, I saw that your email address was there on that email that Lisa sent out. Linda had a lot of people that she corresponded with. She even sent me snail mail, with drawings or some little card she had made. She was actually quite creative and talented. Poor soul, I wish that there was something more that could have been done for her.

Cynthia

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Oh my! What a sad thing. My condolences to her family.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

That is very sad. Please let Lisa know that I send my condolences and love. When my mother died I felt the same way, I hoped (against my real beliefs) that my mother could meet her mother and father again. She wanted it very much.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Lisa has almost no one to turn to and could sure use an encouraging letter. In addition, she will probably want to relocate soon to a better place to live. Anyone having an idea where is an affordable place she could relocate to please email me at [email protected] .Lisa has not requested this, but I know it will be a big issue soon for her. Lisa is a real sweetheart. I have known her for years via mail and phone, and her and her mother are truly gems.

Love you Lisa.

Love you Linda! Rest in peace.

hugs,

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit