Judas Iscariot: Destiny or Fate?

by sacolton 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

fiction. It's all fiction. Interesting story, I suppose, if you like that kind of story.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Parakeet-

I like how you think!

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Maybe he didn't hang himself. Maybe an angry mob got him and strung him up.

• tartarus
    tartarus

Maybe it was predetermined (predicted) that it'll happen, but the actual person was not determined in advance as there were many in Israel as we see from the Bible who would do the same at the time. Jesus failed their expectation of a warrior king freeing them from the Roman domination.

I always thought that Jesus would forgive Judas, like he forgave Peter for denying him or the criminal impaled next to him just moments before his death. After all, Judas did regret his betrayal, wanted to return the money, but the poor guy couldn't undo what happened. A couple of years ago I heard in the news Jewish rabbi's justifying Judas, reasoning that since it was predicted and someone had to do it - Judas was somewhat of a hero or something, for taking on that heavy burden of sin on himself. Who knows... Jesus is the only who can decide whether to forgive or not. I hope Jah forgives Judas like he forgave Israel their numerous sins.

• tartarus
    tartarus

English isn't my first language, don't destiny and fate mean the same thing? Better way to put it: Choice or destiny?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit