Frantic call from my son!

by Sparkplug 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

My son who is very (for lack of a better word) "square" was trying out his new drivers license by running errands for me today. I about had to die when I got a call from him from the printing shop. I had asked him to drop some photos off for me and wait to get them picked up. Well poor guy fell victim to my oddness and I had him walk into it without thinking.

I get this phone call from a VERY embarrassed boy. He got there and halfway putting in what to print, he realized that he had nude photos of a pregnant lady, a handful of Rastafarian's, a Mexican/American wedding, the rainbow family looking bunch of kiddos, newborn nekkid bumm photos with the mom and dad (baby held to chest), and a crop of photos of my friends boy who had the worst black eye. HE looks beat to hell.

HE called up and was flustered and wondering WHY I had made him look like the worlds biggest weirdo. I see his point , NOW, that he is back and thoroughly embarrassed and at odds with the mix. I did have to laugh for a good long time about it. It was one of those mom moments that just 'gets' you. Very sweet and touching it was to my soul and funny bone.

So any of you have those moments where your kids just find the things you do so very off?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hmmm dunno if I would categorize it the same, but a few years ago, my son stayed with my ex-husband for the weekend, and I went to Chicago. When I got home, I went to pick him up. I drove up to the house, and as he was climbing into the car it just hit me. "You had sex" I said. He wasn't even fully into the car, but somehow I knew. He looked at me like I was some sort of psychic, "How did you know?" he asked in the most incredulous voice. I have no idea how I knew, or why it even occurred to me. But I did, and he had.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

That is funny! Well until it is sprung on you with no notice. lol I can laugh now...Now I say. I know a lady I worked with who was very uptight and quiet one day told me that her son when he was a teen rented out his bedroom to the neighborhood kids as a romping place. I am sure that it must have blown her mind when she unearthed this. I know that it was strangely comforting to know that other parents survive.

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

I laughed my arse off at this one......& I would have loved to see your son's face!!!!

Thank you for brightening a very "off" day.

h9k

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

funny stories! thanks!

• PEC
    PEC

You have traumatized him, he will never recover.

Philip

• changeling
    changeling

That was cute! I'm sure he loves you in spite of (if not because of) your oddness!

changeling :) (slightly odd as well)

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I hope you dont hold his conservative nature against him. He wont be the kid you worry about...

I'd probably be em-bare-assed too.

~Jeff

• littleblueuk
    littleblueuk

Sounds like my son, who was 16 in May. He's so square that I call him Mr. Rogers!!!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

While a teenager my mate's mom would send him to the local grovery store with a note: "Please sell my son 2 packs of Marlboro Lights". He was buying cigarettes for his mom as a minor. It was a pretty small town, lots of people knoew each other, but I always wondered whether that was strictly legal (we grew up together, and so I know this story is true). I guess because the store staff knew him (he was a bagboy there) they actually sold them to him - and they never suspected that he might actually be buying them for himself (he wasn't).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit