I feel really angry

by Quester55 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quester55
    Quester55

I feel angry, bitter, resentful and stupid. When I was in my 30's and young and strong, and had a long stretch of life ahead of me, I went along with the JW's and didn't get my education. Now that I am 50, divorced and barely making a living as a teacher aide, I am scrounging around trying to get the loans and grants to enable me to go to school to earn a B.A. in Early Childhood Education. AND STILL THE JW'S SAY, "you don't need an education, the system is going to end soon!" I sat through a Thursday night meeting where the speaker extolled the virtues of forgoing a decent job and an education to go knock on doors and deliver magazines and offer Bible studies. Now there is nothing wrong with that, all I'm saying is that JW's are woefully unrealistic in their assesment of life in this 21st century. Some of them act as if they worship the faithful and discreet slave. These are just men!!! I look at the witnesses who take everything the FDS say and act like it is a prouncement from Jehovah Himself! Now that I am divorced they are starting in on me to "wait on Jehovah, He will send you a mate. A good witness brother!" I cannot deal with someone whos idea of fun is to get up on a Saturday morning and go out in field service. Someones idea of lovemaking is stuck in the 1940's, and someone's idea of women is to make sure they are pregnant and barefoot, and wait on their man hand and foot. I've even been told by some, to "Not marry, wait for the new system, devote yourself to meetings and field service, that will make you forget all about those body members"

Why don't I walk away, because if I do, I won't have a place to live. Because of my divorce, I am struggling financially and cannot afford to rent an apartment, so i currently rent the guest rooms in the house of another 'single sister' I get sort of tickled when I think of what her reaction would be if she knew how I really feel, but no, I'm just going to be cool, bide my time until I find somebody. I'm not going to settle, but I don't think I'll be one of those "elevated single-sisters' held in such high esteem by the rank and file, I intend to get that degree AND married again just as soon as I possibly can. I am so sick of them.

• carla
    carla

"I am so sick of them."-- me too. Bide your time, get your degree and restart your life. Wishing you well.

• llbh
    llbh

Thier atttude is myopic, nauseating and mind controlling

You will need to get an education to better yourself.

Wishing you well

David

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

It's not too late to study, I just finished my degree...

Just don't waste any more time with the JWs that can be spent more profitably!

Welcome to the board...!

A@G

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Get your education and try to have a little fun while doing it.

The JW "religion" is a cult. They do worship the FDS, even though they say they don't.

You'll be angry for a long time. I know I'm still very angry. That's a normal reaction when a large part of your life has been stolen. Use your anger to your advantage.

Welcome to JWD!

• BFD
    BFD

Sweety to be honest I didn't even get past your first paragragh.

Same ole, same ole. I'm 48 and was told I'd never finish High School way back in the 70's. Same shit, different decade.

Go finish your education and let them all piss up a rope. Get out now. Wait on yourself! Don't depend on anyone else.

BFD

PS Welcome, I don' think I've seen you before.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Quester.

You're entitled to your anger. I think most anybody with a similar experience would be angry.

I want to encourage you to keep thinking about the changes you want to make because I have discovered one thing to be true: once you make a genuine decision to change your life, and you take that first leap of faith towards freedom, things will just sort of fall into place. If you believe it and if you make happen, how can they not?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Questar, welcome. I am in the same boat you are. I feel for you. These days, more and more jobs that used to go to people just out of highschool are jobs that require degrees. It's criminal that they will prepare yet another generation to have miserable lives and no retirement.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I feel angry, bitter, resentful

Quester... a suggestion... it's normal to feel angry and resentful... and bitter.

But these feelings can dominate your outlook and make your situation look hopeless. Channel your feelings into positive goals.

and stupid.

You are not stupid! You have realized that you have been in a mind control cult. While you may be frustrated that you are 50, you could have woken up at 60, or 70. It's even tougher then. Do what you can to restart your life... you are taking steps in the right direction... reach out to people who are exJWs and non-JWs.. there are plenty of great people to be met outside the WT organization...

Happy journeying!

Lance

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Let your anger propel you to positive action! Welcome to the board-and congratulations on your determination to move on with your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit