The Universe

by ex-nj-jw 20 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    unless it's meaning is that the universe is small compared to God..??

You got it!

Sylvia

• Casper
    Casper

Thanks, I really appreciate your Help....

I don't think I have ever really paid that much attention to that scripture.... I am going to look it up in my versions...

Cas

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Wow, I forgot all about this thread I got into the program and logged off. This is the first time I've seen this particular one, but I love the History Channel.

I find it amazing what we are able to find out about other planets and galaxies.

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Was that the episode that showed the earth being hit and a huge chunk flew off and made the moon...?

Yup, that was the one. They were just throwing out some theories of how the moon came about and this was one theory.

• Casper
    Casper

Cool....

If that's the way it came about, that was awesome.

Don't you think the moon would be more like the earth in some respects, tho...?? I know it happened before the earth settled down, but still the moon is so barren.

Sylvia,

The scripture reads the same in my Living Bible. That brings the thought to mind, that our size in relation to the universe, would make us invisible to a "God". We'd be smaller than an atom to him, maybe smaller than that...

I'm just thinking with my puny human mind tho....

Cas

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Cas

Well they were saying that the moon is very much like the earth. One big difference is that the earth's core is solid iron and the moon doesn't have a solid iron core the whole thing is more like rock. Have you ever logged onto the history channel.com? If not you should check it out. Lot's of picture of the universe, galaxies, etc...

If I could take a trip to the moon or even just into space I would. That would be my ultimate fantasy to explore the universe.

nj

• Casper
    Casper
    If I could take a trip to the moon or even just into space I would. That would be my ultimate fantasy to explore the universe.

You're braver than I am...

That would be mind blowing .... to be on the moon and look back at the earth...... "Breathtaking".

Thanks, for reminding me about the iron core. I saw the show last Fall, and had forgotten about that.

I really enjoyed the one on the galaxies and the black holes.... made me feel so insignificant...lol.

Gonna go check out the History Channel web site.

Cas

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I have the digitally remastered 7- disc collector's edition of CARL SAGAN'S "COSMOS." 13 one hour episodes from the landmark tv. series. Google it if you want more information on it.

He takes you on a journey through the universe.

Blueblades

• Casper
    Casper

I loved Carl Sagan, he's the one that sparked my initial interest in the
    Universe.

I can still remember his voice...

Cas

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I have the digitally remastered 7- disc collector's edition of CARL SAGAN'S "COSMOS." 13 one hour episodes from the landmark tv. series. Google it if you want more information on it.

Oh I loved that series. I hung on to every episode back then. Didn't you love Vangelis' music? I still have "Heaven and Hell"; reminds me of the show.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit