Interested in seeing random papers, forms, and letters from Bethel?

by daniel-p 18 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

While sorting through old papers and files in my closet getting ready for a move, I came across a bunch of papers and forms from Bethel. A lot of them are outlines and directions for the first few days and weeks while at Bethel. In addition, there are some typed notes from the 2002 Annual Meeting (the kind you're not supposed to post in the Interwebz), a few letters from the GB to Bethelites (mostly telling us how to dress and so forth), and some other random junk. I wanted to see if there would be a substantial interest to see if it's worth my time to PDF it all and post on here. So give a holler if you're interested... -dp

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thanks for the offer, sounds interesting.

Thanks in advance

yesidid

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Is the Pope Catholic?

• llbh
    llbh
    Is the Pope Catholic?

No i thought he was now a JW now!

David

• TheListener
    TheListener

I believe I have a lot of my old forms as well.

Stuff like dish duty assignments, night watchman stuff, even a couple copies of Dwelling Together in Unity, the pre and post 1990 versions. I even saved my old bethel phone directory - it's hopelessly out of date by now. I also have some GB letters to bethelites

I'll think about blacking some stuff out and scanning it as well.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

BAD:BS

Dear Brother Danielp:

We regret to inform you that there ahs been an adjustment in your Bethel assignment has been changed. You will need to show up for Dish Duties every Thursday night until you leave Bethel. This is because the Bethel office has discovered that you have been posting our notices on the internet. BA bethelites that do this have to do additional dish duties as punishment. Remember, if you miss a regular dish duty, you will be assigned to a Special Dish Duty over a weekend, which may require you to miss a meeting or miss out on fun with the local friends. But we don't care. Please be assured of our love.

Your Brothers,

Bethel Office

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

TheListener, yeah, I figure about half the stuff is pretty boring, but the other half are GB letters to Bethelites which are always a litte interesting (at least). I also have an old copy of the book "Defending and Legally Establishing the Good News", which might be nice to have online as well.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

A@G, compared to my permanent job at Bethel, dish duty was a piece of cake!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I figured that's the kinda stuff you're gonna post... can't you see the love dripping out of everything they write?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

A@G, there's a nice cross-section of things ranging from directions on how to fold your clothes, how to dress letters from Operations and the GB, vow-of-poverty details, tax requirements, Bethel entry/exit instructions, and so on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit