Whadya think? Is this a good "read"?

by ESTEE 35 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Estee, I was captivated throughout the whole read. The reader can really see a concerned outcast of a child, trying to make some sort of sense out of her father's premeditated cons.

Please also give more description of the rock scraper and its size. I am unfamiliar with machinery like this, but tried to envision it.

I agree with this. I'm assuming, for the moment, that this was a fairly large machine? Having had no ounce of country livin' in my life, I wouldn't immediately bring one to mind.

And like the others, I can't wait for the rest. You keep thinking, "How low will this guy go to achieve his ends? How can he justify anything he does?"

• misguided
    misguided

Estee...please don't let your low self esteem get in the way of telling your story in such an amazing way. Keep on writing! You have talent. Your story leaves me wanting more!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Estee, that is some very good writing!

And I'm not just being polite, you have a real skill there and also a story to tell.

I can't wait for your book.

• Casper
    Casper
    Yes, it is all true. Just one Chapter in my life

I didn't know that for sure, when reading.... My heart goes out to you Hon, what a horrific childhood....I hope it's been very therapeutic for you to get it all out...

So Glad you are still here today, to tell the story.... sounded kinda iffy there for awhile...

You are very talented, Estee.... can't wait to read the entire book...

Sincerely,

Cas

• snowbird
    snowbird

snowbird: Yup, snowbird, all of it happened in one short chapter. I think I'll self-publish just so a publisher can't change any of the story to make it "more exciting" --- why ever they would change details for readability rather than truth is beyond me, especially since it's an autobiography. Things are written truthfully just as I remember in a manuscript of 24 Chapters and 236 pages. I don't know what it will look like in copy-ready form as I haven't got that far yet.

You brave darling, you.

I had a traumatic childhood - thanks to my father's alcoholism and my mother's neurotic behavior - but it pales in comparison to yours.

You survived it, though! That's the thing to keep in mind. You survived it!

Peace and love to you.

Sylvia

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I can't wait to read the rest of it!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Momzcrazy: you mean there are actually people out there with normal lives?

FlyingHighNow: Anxiety and post traumatic stress syndrome? Indeed I used to worry excessively . . . does that count?

SirNose: I’m re-writing the part about the farm scraper. I appreciate your input, that you had difficulty with the bare-bones description. Funny, it’s clear in my mind! Yup, my daddy was just a good ole jw daddy running the farm, huh?

Misguided and Asphereisnotacircle: Thanks for your encouraging words. Yes, I’ll keep writing and know one day I’ll see that book published.

Casper: Yes, for sure . . . writing has been therapeutic for me. I’m very far away from all of that story now, plus my dad has been dead since 1990. While he was alive I was too scared to face my demons, but after he died was when my therapy started in depth.

Snowbird: sorry to hear of your father's alcoholism and my mother's neurotic behavior – drinking was a big factor in my family. Funny thing is, though. Most drinkers are not usually overachievers, but my father was also an overachiever. Or maybe he just pushed us to achieve. Hmmm …

TinyDancer: I’m writing just as fast as my little fingers will type!

Thanks again everyone for your encouragement. I’ll keep writing. I have someone new lined up to edit this next round. My first editor has read it too many times. Need new eyes.

ESTEE

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Wow!
    My dad is a saint compared to that MF. Is he still alive? What's his address? Maybe we can make the story end according to poetic justice, or any kind of justice for that matter.

• peace
    peace

very good i could relate to some aspects of the story. I always felt that death was just around the cornor for me as a child growing up in the so called truth. It saddens me how your dad was. Good job and hope you get it published.

• peace
    peace

Wow an excellent story you have a talent for writing keep it up. I could relate to some parts of your story i always felt terrified of death as a child growing up in the so called truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit