pool party

by Mysterious 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

This weekend I went to a pool party at the house of a girl I know from work. There were probably close to 30 people there and I only knew about 4 of them, plus they were all about 3-6 years younger than me and mostly in high school but I had an absolute blast. It really was all that I wish high school could have been but wasn't because I was a JW. I never would have even had the confidence to go even a couple of years ago. I also can't think of a better contrast to the "horrors" with which JWs portray worldy parties. It was just a group of friends having a good time and everyone was friendly but laid back. It helped so much in making me feel like I haven't missed out on everything growing up.

• Purza
    Purza
    It was just a group of friends having a good time and everyone was friendly but laid back.

I hear you. That type of "association" was always called bad in the JW world. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Nice to hear you had a good time.

Purza

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Glad you had fun!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Yeah, I went to a BK dub party where there was bad rap music, booze, and suggestive dancing. Fortunately though, the booze was only for people who knew the hosts, but that wasn't really a problem, as I began seeing a decent amount of red cups filled with it after a bit. There were like 200-250 kids at this bash.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Mysterious, I hear you loud and clear. I haven't been a part of JW in 36 years but it sounds like not much has changed. I understand everything you were feeling. I'm glad you went to that party and I'm very glad you had a good time. Keep going and keep living. You can find a normal happy life.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yeah, those evil worldly people are not that evil after all! Glad you had a fun time!

• oompa
    oompa

ya right...you tellin me there are pools in canada???....you freakin apostate!...lol......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit