You've lost that loving feeling.......

by Pandoras cat 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

You've lost that loving feeling and it's gone gone gone.....woa woa woa. This song brought to you by the Righteous Brothers/Mother. (no pun intended)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. My husband and I just watched the 2008 drama. It's main theme was to "Never lose the love that you had at first"---or something to that effect. This is the first DC that we have not gone to and we are being shunned big time. My hubby said "Aren't we a little to old for this game?" He is right. Life is too short.

Anyway, I am sure comments have been made about the drama and I apologize if this topic has been discussed but that drama was a doozy. I went from anger to just plain sadness at the end. The drama hit all the emotions on the wheel. They really stressed that having money and loving god could never be achieved together. It was one or the other. Scolios, the elder turned bad, actually was kind of cool. He seemed like most of the elders I know. He provided jobs for the brothers and did good deeds---the horror. But alas, he was not regular at the meetings and service. The worst thing they could nail him on was providing silver for some idol or hiring someone to make the idol.

Then there was Helen and Julia. Helen was the bad one because she liked plays and wanted to go to Laodecia for good job. My husband laughed at this because many in our family go to plays and love them!!! Julia was Helen's friend and quite frankly was a snob. She was happy to make meals while her parents were in the ministry. Hmmmm.....Why wasn't she in service? This part of the drama was stretching the scriptures to shreds. Helen thinks she is going to a play with a friend but ends up at the forum and sees Petro (chrisitian) killled.

There was more in this drama---it was oh so very subtle. It made this kitty want to use the litter box. (That was bad)

Thanks for letting me vent or should I say HISSS. I"ll stop now!!!

• carla
    carla

Would the part about not doing charity work be as blatant as the one on the internet? Are all the 'drama's' the same at all the conventions or are they allowed to adlib?

(I have come to dislike that word intensely lately, "drama")

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

True religion wouldn't require guilt and lies to sustain it.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

There is no chance of any adlib at all, Carla... the audio for the drama is pre-recorded, you see. The inexperienced "actors" just lip-sync and overly dramatically thrust their arms into the air repeatedly.

I have to say... watching that bit of drama on YouTube really did strike me as the WORST and heaviest-handed unbelievable drama I have ever seen. I am very interested in this. They really seem to have gone off the deep end.

• Quandry
    Quandry

There is no chance of any adlib at all, Carla... the audio for the drama is pre-recorded, you see. The inexperienced "actors" just lip-sync and overly dramatically thrust their arms into the air repeatedly.

Ha! Baba!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The book burning was over the top for me, and had me wondering what kind of anti-intellectual neo-nazi cult would produce this stuff.

• feenx
    feenx

good god! I didn't see it (haven't been to any JW function in over 5 years) but just hearing about it makes me want to puke. YUCK!

feenx
    Indigo Insight

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I saw it on You Tube, or at least some of it ..I confess that I could not stomach it all. That's an advantage of watching it on line. In fact it was wrongly described. They call it a Bible Drama. There was no Bible passage dramatised in it. This was a modern day congregation wearing robes, depicting things The Watchtower said...

Funny that it is us that are discussing it . I would wager that after the Assembly and obligatory review next meeting, the dubs have forgotten it.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

This drama is the best one the WTS has ever invented....

They've mixed fictional characters with Biblical ones and made it seem like a modern day congregation set in apostolic times, except in 98 CE after the Bible was finished. Any dub with half a brain should be able to pick up that this is a bunch of BS.

I really was rooting for the Scolio guy (until the WTS made him look like a hypocrite when he lied about his silver image)... but everything else he said made perfect sense.

Since this drama is really just mindless non-Biblical nonsensical propaganda, I think its their best drama ever. Long live the writers at the Bethel drama-writing dept.

A@G

• sir82
    sir82
    she liked plays and wanted to go to Laodecia for good job.

I loved that part!

Yeah, there were tons of careers available to 19 year old women in the 1st century! You had your choice of...slave...prostitute....mother....that about wraps it up...

Here's what I figure: The anti-college, anti-career, anti-money message the Society is hell-bent on pushing is just not strong enough, or non-existent, in real Bible accounts. They have to make stuff up in order to push their agenda.

In years past, if they had a non-Biblical message to present, they'd do a "modern-day" drama. But apparently people were complaining about not seeing cheesy fake beards and men in skirts, so they just transposed 21st, century circumstances onto ancient settings with tangential Biblical basis, and voila! You end up with Timothy's friend going to the "University of Athens", 19 year old girls moving away from home to work in another city, and other assorted anachronisms that are laughably absurd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit