Donated blood for the very first time....

by Quirky1 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yup. I donated my very first time. Wasn't bad at all.

I also get an extra day off work for doing so.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It is a very rewarding experience to donate life saving blood. The Red Cross won't allow me to donate, because I had jaundice from a bad gall bladder years ago. They asked that I never donate. But a private hospital allowed me to donate platelets. I don't know what the difference is.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I also get an extra day off work for doing so.

I wanna work where you do!!

Didn't it feel good to do something like that!! And you have just helped several people!!

Go ahead, take another day off!!

• zeroday
    zeroday

A month after I DA'ed myself I hunted down a bloodmobile and if you knew how much I HATE needles you can understand my trepidation...I got nurse Rachet the first time as she pulled out that 5ft needle (ok it seemed that big) and rammed it into my vein but in the end I walked out feeling very good and have been giving every 8 weeks since over One Gallon now...

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

It is incredible how JW's prohibits donating blood, while they permit blood fractions as a "conscience matter"(tm)!

• buckster
    buckster

On my Dad's way out he used quite alot of Albumin as they tried to save him. Being a JW he never donated a drop of blood and I doubt would have had he made it. I do not think it was his first time recieving it.

I do not understand how you can refuse to give and yet take. Selfish and shameless. Unthinkable in my mind.

I was very compelled to donate for what my Father took. I am appalled that my relatives that are witnesses cannot see the wrong.

Not the first time I will donate and it will not be the last.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I will donate again.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

It's a great feeling, isn't it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit