Question for longtime JWDers

by JimmyPage 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

I used to like the chat times... Brummie ,E-man, Lots that have left. I guess they all went on to living.... Good for them.... I miss so many of them....

So many new ones I cant keep up....

• amicus
    amicus

back in the day, there was a chat feature...and you could see who was in chat and there was ALWAYS someone to chat with. ..so it was never lonely.

lisa

That was a nice feature. I wonder if anyone has tried a JWD ventrilo channel?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I go way back on this site, further than most who've posted here as you can see.

I actually was a very active poster on the old H2O site, which I loved. AlanF, Gedanken and a bunch of great posters were there and here in the early years. Lots of rough and tumble discussions, like there still are. You make a strong assertion on this board, you better be able to defend it.

I came to this site after H2O had some issues. Bill Bowen recommended it in a phone conversation.
    The differences? So many more people coming on here day be day. This is a great resource for people who are leaving - or still in and want out. That's why I stay. Just recently an old friend, still in but wanting out, contacted me after seeing me here.

S4

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The chat fearture was great and in some ways I miss it. But sadly far too many situations arose where people were becoming abusive so chat was shut down.

Some people have used the gabbly chat but gabbly is in no way connected to JWD other than some members use it. Therefore we are no responsible for what goes on in gabbly

• amicus
    amicus
    But sadly far too many situations arose where people were becoming abusive so chat was shut down.

A Ventrilo style voice channel would be a nightmare then as well.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I first linked into this site from another ex site in 2001. I read, but I think when I tried to join, it didn't work, so I just lurked here and there. Even though I had not been to the hall in years, excepting two or three times but wasn't an innocent any longer, it scared me to see posters at JWD behaving so "worldly". I ended up joining Women Awake! and when that place came unglued, I got serious about joining JWD and became a poster a month later.

I may have linked from this site to JWD: http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/bj.htm Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses. Then there is the site with Eye on it, can't recall what the name of the site is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The place was a Wild West Show..Trolls abounded.......St.Satan,Larc and I would hunt them for sport..LOL!!..It was crazy,but fun....Larc has passed on now..I miss him..............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• amicus
    amicus

Outlaw,

This post made me think about some of the "old-timers", including Larc of course. I'm sorry to hear he passed on. Larc was one of the best. He and I used to pm each other occasionally when we thought things were getting too bizarre. I'd saddened to hear that he'll never be able to pop in here with us, but my life is the richer for having known him.

• ibme
    ibme

Me ENJOYED being on H20 and JWD.

Both had good reviews.

For the most part very informative.

IF you want the latest, stay with us.

Personally, me has very little to say - - - me finds
    that everyone has already said it before me.

I miss my girlfriend - - Waiting. She was very insightful.

Just like to add.

Go back, if you have time, and read the old post.

Simon left them for you.

Me knows you will ENJOY.

• RR
    RR

I was in from the beginning, as this forum was an offshoot of the old Witnesses.net forum by Obed Hernandez. The forum was a new concept, members were still searching, trying to find themselves. most still believed and were searching for answers. That has all changed in my opinion, so much negativity, spirituality is out the door, not the same.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit