Watchtower accuses UN of improprieties.

by biblexaminer 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Mr. Paul Hoffel United Nations -Dept. of Public Information

In the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's public position of October 22,2001 submitted for publication in The Guardian in the United Kingdom

1) They accuse the UN of failing to inform them that the rules governing NGOs was changed between 1991 and the present.

Years later, unbeknown to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the United Nations published “Criteria for Association”, stipulating that affiliated NGO’s are required to support the goals of the United Nations.
    2) They accuse the UN of providing misinformation, causing the Watchtower's 'mistaken' belief that it was necessary to register as an NGO for the purpose of using the UN library resources.

In 1991 one of our legal corporations registered with the United Nations as a NGO (non-governmental organization) for the sole purpose of getting access to the extensive library of the United Nations.

3) They accuse the UN of being so lax, such as it was possible to "register" as an NGO without signing any documents
    At the time of the initial application no signature was required on the form.

4) They state that there was nothing secret about their association with the UN, suggesting that the fault lay at the feet of the UN for not being clear in the rules regarding informing it's members of matters.

There was nothing secret about it.

The Watchtower leadership is presently directing it's congregational deacons to take punitive action againsst any member who finds out the truth. People are being demoralized in their quest for the truth. It would benefit all including yourself, if you were to provide any further information.

We seek documents proving that the Watchtower is wrong in its attempt to impugn the reputation of the various offices of the United Nations. This would include any documentation demonstrating that its fabrications against the UN are false.
    We seek copies of the Watchtower's applications, original and from year to year, this would be excellent.
    Any letter that you could draw up denying the allegations of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. If at all possible, a public statement on the UN web-site relevant to this would serve to quell the greater number of requests for proof. I could forward the official statement from the Watchtower for your legal dept. to study, and your people could put up a page to demonstrate the Watchtower's accusations as utterly false.
    Lastly, any documentation showing that the Watchtower was involved with more than just the "library".

Mr. Hoffel, this issue will not go away by ignoring it. However, if you can co-operate in this regard, then any negative repercussions your office might face due to publicity surrounding this matter will be greatly reduced.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Bx,

Looks great but ...

Mr. Hoffel, this issue will not go away by ignoring it. However, if you can co-operate in this regard, then any negative repercussions your office might face due to publicity surrounding this matter will be greatly reduced.
    They are in a defence mode over this issue. I think Hoeffel will take this as a threat and then ...... I don't know .... I may get another one of those phone calls again .... (even though I don't care) ... but that is not your goal.

The rest of the document looks great but please think about your wording some more in this last paragraph. I suggest removing it all together or go for more of a "positive" approach.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Also remind them of the "spirit" of the criteria.

The criteria requires that ALL "associated" NGO's must be "transparent" (ie. open) with everything.

If that is part of the criteria - why not give the information in file.

You should also be willing to cover their costs.

hawk

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

To be honest, it sounds like a waste of time and probably a bit of a nuisance to the UN.

Lots of people lie and complain and accuse governments. Lots of people (and governments) accuse the UN too. I think they couldn't care less what the WT says. As far as they are concerned, its over.

Path

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

HOLY COW. I can't believe this is happening.

Can you imagine the effect it will have if/when they are publicly proven WRONG?!?! Oh my goodness...this is soooo huge.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I think I can get something. I am going to shmoooooze the man.

Yes, I will look over the letter before I send. This is a rough draught.

And yes, I will offer to forward some $CHING$

• avengers
    avengers

If enough people keep this alive, then the WT can't just sweep it under the carpet. Keep it alive and kicking. When they think things have quieted down, we will come back and hit harder.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Good I hope the WT keeps this going and then the rank and file JW will see how their GB is nothing but a bunch of liars.

Will

• Farkel
    Farkel

bx,

: The Watchtower leadership is presently directing it's congregational deacons to take punitive action againsst any member who finds out the truth.

How are they doing that? Do you have any letters or solid evidence from the WTS indicating same? I'm sure many of us would be VERY interested in seeing it.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good point Farkel!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit