Human Rights For Apes?

by hamilcarr 42 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Isn't the question itself contradictory?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Isn't the question itself contradictory?

Maybe not since it was revealed that chimpanzees share 99% of their genes with humans.

Burn, Do you know of any civilization that fell down after giving rights to its population?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Burn , Do you know of any civilization that fell down after giving rights to its population?

As part of the "population" apes should get the right to vote!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

humans being the dominate aminal on the planet should protect other aminals... dontcha? Only seems right itnit?

• inkling
    inkling

But do not "rights" require "responsibility"?

If a human commits a crime, he is not being a "responsible" member of society, and he loses some of his rights.
    So what, will we make ape prisons and lock them up for repeat offences of public feces projectilation?

[inkling]

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    As part of the "population" apes should get the right to vote!

Where did the article mention the right to vote?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    But do not "rights" require "responsibility"?

No rights are so by birth.

• inkling
    inkling
    Where did the article mention the right to vote?

Ok, fine then but labeling it as "human rights" is somewhat misleading

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This is truly a great moment in human history, or something along those lines.

Too bad that the apes upon recieving these human rights will not notice, record, wonder, or care.

None will paint a simian Sistine Chapel or create some other work of art or culture in commemoration, but perhaps there will be some celebratory poo flinging.

This is incredibly, hilariously stupid. I almost thought it was an article off of The Onion.

Not to mention that Spain is a country that condones bull fighting. Hipocrisy.

The biggest downside that I can see is that future legislation will make spanking the monkey a federal offense.

Spain is going to the apes faster than I thought.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    This is incredibly, hilariously stupid. I almost thought it was an article off of The Onion.

Do you really feel banning harmful experiments on apes is stupid?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit