The name of the Author?

by Kent 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

Hi folks;

Do you remember who said these wise words?

A woman is nothing more than "a hank of hair and a bag of bones."

"In 1919...the Congress of the United States enfranchised women" which is really a plot in Satan's preparation of his "forces for Armageddon."

"Stop chewing gum as you need the saliva for your food."

Lots of good advice there :)

I have to agree with the honored gentleman about women, thoug. In old times they worked from before the sun rose, and to long after sundown. Then you could rely on them to be nice and treat a man like they should.

Today they have vacuum cleaners, washing-machines, dish-washers, all kind of crap - and women are just like children. If they have too much time on their hands, they start doing the wrong things :))))

Yachyd Da

Kent

I need the new KM's as they come! Please send me scans!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• lookin
    lookin

naughty naughty kent..
    however you made me laugh!
    :)

• Tina
    Tina

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ((((((((kent)))))))))))) lol wasn't that fab freddie franz??? lol..............Tina Time to do all the wrong things class...:>

Jesse jackson,Jim bakker and Jimmy swaggart have written an impressive new book-it's called"Ministers do More Than Lay People"

• chappy
    chappy

That would be dear ole' JFR.
    BTW, wasn't Jan H. writing an essay on JF a year or so ago? I'd sure like to read it if he ever completed and translated it.

later,
    chappy

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Judge Rutherford Rules!!!!

• Tina
    Tina

Thanks for the correction folks. Sometimes all the wts idiocy gets to be such a blur of nonsense lol.T

Jesse jackson,Jim bakker and Jimmy swaggart have written an impressive new book-it's called"Ministers do More Than Lay People"

• larc
    larc

JFR took the hank of hair remark from Kipling:

A fool there was and he made his prayer
    To a rag and a bone and a hank of hair
    We called her the woman who did not care
    But the fool he called her lady fair.
    from the Vampire, 1807, stanza 1

and a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. from The Betrothed

He also put down men as well:
    The slliest of women can manage A clever man, but it needs a very clever woman to manage a fool. From Soldiers Three, 1888

• ISP
    ISP

Hey Kent, I nearly wanted to go back to the meetings then.

ISP

• JanH
    JanH

chappy,

i wrote my master thesis on rutherford with focus on organizational changes, yes.

i have temporarily placed the thesis on the net, but I don't want links or referrals to it.

so this link will not be clickable:

http://home.broadpark.noLINK/~jhauglan/rutherford.htm

remove the word LINK from url above and use it to access it, if you want. feel free to read and save, but as I said, pls don't link or distribute.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Kent,

If I didn't know you were teasing,I'd throw something at you!

If I had to work from before daylight to dark and also had to do without all those modern conviences you mention I wouldn't be so nice and I surely wouldn't have much energy left to spoil my man.

Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit